We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom CRUD

My webservice is already implemented. It is simple REST service (post, put, delete, get). 
I am trying to bind this service to grid control, but it doesn't work (it work only for get - loading data).
Is there a simple solution for this problem?

5 Replies

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team January 4, 2016 06:57 AM UTC

Hi Jacek,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We can bind dataSource to grid and process the data using the data Adaptors of the ejDataManager. Please refer to the following online documentation on data adaptors.

Documentation for various data Adaptors: http://help.syncfusion.com/js/datamanager/data-adaptors

For your convenience, we have created a sample with OData service, which can be downloaded from the below location

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121568/ze/CRUD_Sample16387643

Please try the above sample and if you still face any difficulties, please share below details

1.       Your product version details
2.       Grid rendering code and server side code for put/post/delete
3.       If any script error or exception obtained, share the screenshot of the call stack of exception.
4.       If possible, please reproduce the issue in the above sample and provide.

Regards,
Ragavee U S.

JA Jacek January 4, 2016 08:53 AM UTC

Thanks for your response.
I have already gone through this documentation. Unfortunately, it did not resolve my problem.

Please, look at my web service sources:
https://github.com/jacalapa/SKK-service/blob/master/routes/index.js

Regards,
Jacek

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team January 5, 2016 11:18 AM UTC

Hi Jacek,

Thanks for your update.

We went through the file that you have shared. We suspect that you have created a webAPI Service in node.js but have mentioned the adaptorType as “UrlAdaptor” in the ejDataManager.

When using a webAPI service, we suggest you to set “webApiAdaptor” as adaptorType. Also, we found that the editMode is “batch” in your sample, but have defined the insertUrl, updateUrl and deleteUrl properties of the ejDataManager. These properties of the ej.DataManager will not be triggered when the edit mode is “batch”. The corresponding property of the ej.DataManager for “batch” editMode is “batchUrl”.

Also, if you have created a webApi service, we would like to let you know that we don’t have batchEditing support in webApiAdaptor. So we suggest you to create Odata controller and use oDataAdaptor in order to achieve your requirement of batch Editing.
Else if the RESTful service corresponds to OData and still if you are facing the same issue, please share the below detail.

When a POST/PUT/DELETE action occurs, the exception will be obtained in the “Network” tab of the browser Developer tools window. Please share the screenshot of the “Headers” and “Response” tab for the corresponding request passed to the web service.

The provided information will be helpful to assist you accordingly.

Regards,
Ragavee U S.

JJ Josh Johnson August 11, 2016 06:41 PM UTC

Is there any documentation on the WebAPI adaptor? It is merely mentioned in passing in the DataManager documentation, but I can't find any information on how to properly configure the adaptor to fit my custom REST API. I also don't see any documentation on how to create a custom adaptor. There are quick examples, but it would be nice to see what members and methods can be implemented or overridden when creating a custom adaptor.

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team August 12, 2016 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Josh,  

Based on your suggestion, we have considered to improvise our online documentation and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this document. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards,  
Ragavee U S.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon