We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to refresh speadsheet control after adding data from code

I hope someone can help me.

I am working on a program where I get data from a website, and then display certain parts in a Spreadsheet control. When I initialize my app, I make a new single-page workbook, and add the first row headers. When I process and change pages, in the page loaded method I get the data I want and add it to the next row in the worksheet. My problem is it doesn't reflect in the spreadsheet unless I click in the columns. I want it to display the data as soon as I add it, but I can't find anyway to refresh it. I tried using the SfSpreadSheet control as well, but when I add this to my WPF window, my visual studio crashes.

1 Reply

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team December 24, 2015 09:31 AM UTC

Hi Jason Plank,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support

We recommend you to use SfSpreadsheet which is an alternate to SpreadsheetControl for better stability and performance and please find the response for your queries below,

QUERY
RESPONSE
I tried using the SfSpreadSheet control as well, but when I add this to my WPF window, my visual studio crashes.
We are unable to reproduce the issue with our sample. Please check with the sample from the below link,

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/CS-2048599566

Could you please update us the exact replication procedure to reproduce the issue and also about the OS , Microsoft Visual Studio version  and .Net framework version details to sort out the issue and provide appropriate solution.

I want it to display the data as soon as I add it, but I can't find anyway to refresh it
You need to invalidate the cells to update the cell values in the view. Please find the UG link below,

UG: http://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfspreadsheet/working-with-sfspreadsheet#setting-the-cellvalue-at-runtime

Please let us know if you have any query.

Regards
Kanimozhi B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon