We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Gantt control problem adding editing data back to entity framework (controller)

Hi Guys this is urgent you have shown me how to use Action complete event on client to update or add a record
my problem is the recordUpdate event is firing first when adding a new new record then the save event, I have problem in my controller using EF code first
The same recordUpdate is also firing when updating a record how do I detect when Adding new record and when editing record so that I can call correct function in controller?

I need to be able to add a new record, edit an existing record and delete a record basic CRUD.

I am using tasks with no parent each task i add i want to be able to persist to EF , edit or delete

I am using: <add assembly="Syncfusion.EJ, Version=13.3400.0.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" />
                <add assembly="Syncfusion.EJ.Mvc, Version=13.3400.0.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" />
MVC 5 EF code first

Thanks

Edmund Herbert

1 Reply

MK Mahalakshmi Karthikeyan Syncfusion Team December 23, 2015 12:05 PM UTC

Hi Edmund,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused.

We can also reproduce the behavior as reported, while adding a new row, ActionComplete will be fired for 2 times with requestType as “recordUpdate” and requestType as “save” in the Essential studio version 13.3.0.7. But we have changed this behavior to trigger ActionComplete only once with requestType as “save” for newly added row in our latest Essential studio version 13.3.0.18. We recommend you to upgrade to this version to overcome this issue.

We have also prepared a sample in our latest version based on this requirement. You can find the sample under the following location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Mvc5GanttSample1080884953

Regards,

Mahalakshmi K.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon