We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error in SfChart

WinRT information: Cannot locate resource from 'ms-appx:///Syncfusion.SfChart.UWP/Themes/Generic.Legend.xaml'. [Line: 65 Position: 57]

14 Replies

DS Daniel Sanches December 22, 2015 02:38 AM UTC

This happens when I try to use only the reference SfChart.dll

When I use Controls for UWP  XAML from the right. But I don't want to use because my project becomes too heavy.

SJ Sumathi Jayaraj Syncfusion Team December 22, 2015 10:31 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,

Thank for contacting Syncfusion support.

Could you please refer the SfChart.UWP dll from the below location?

Installed location:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.3.0.18\Assemblies for Universal Windows\10.0\Syncfusion.SfChart.UWP.dll

Regards,
Sumathi J

DS Daniel Sanches December 22, 2015 01:18 PM UTC

Hey, it worked, it really was the wrong way. Grateful for the attention.

MF Michael Fuller December 22, 2015 02:20 PM UTC

Actually, it doesn't work.  The chart works, but there is some problem with the native compile where it now breaks other parts of my program.

I can replicate the problem repeatedly.

Add reference to sfChart dll as you said.  Compile for release.  My unrelated data download routines (in another class) now fail with all sorts of symbol errors, etc.  Chart does work, just nothing else except basic UI controls in other pages work.

Take out reference to sfChart dll and add back in reference to Syncfusion for Universal, which makes the project very heavy with unused SF tools, and compile for release.  Run program, everything works and ready for release to store.  Except it is 35MB heavy with unused tools.

Rinse repeat for same results.

Best I can figure, during native compile there are pointers in the SF tools that confuse it... or something.  The error messages seem random with 'indicators' , and other errors that point to Universal things I don't use in the program. 

Only thing the program does is display charts from downloaded data.    So download button running HTTP request/response and then a chart screen with buttons that select what to display on the chart.

What am I missing?   Seems odd that the whole app also works fine if I delete all reference to Syncfusion and delete the chart screen.   I developed the download routines in a separate project anyway, but did this as a test.

So, if I just want to use SFChart, what is the proper way to do that?

DS Daniel Sanches December 22, 2015 03:02 PM UTC

Just rerouted the reference suggested by Sumathi Jayaraj [Syncfusion] and it worked.

MF Michael Fuller December 22, 2015 03:21 PM UTC

Here are some of the errors that Pop Up when only pointing to the sfChart dll, hence other aspects of my program get 'broken'.  Again, these errors go away simply by pointing to the entire SDK.  How is this related to the suggestion here?  I'd really like to get rid of the extra 35MB of unused tools in the SF SDK

Exception thrown: 'System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException' in System.Resources.ResourceManager.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.ArgumentNullException' in System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.InvalidOperationException' in System.Linq.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException' in System.Resources.ResourceManager.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.ArgumentNullException' in System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.InvalidOperationException' in System.Linq.dll
shell\dataexchange\winrt\lib\dragdropmanager.cpp(65)\DataExchange.dll!6D72716E: (caller: 10587AB2) ReturnHr[PreRelease](3) tid(3cbc) D0000005 ERROR FindDefaultInterface:CM_Get_Device_Interface_List_Size failed:0x00000000, InterfaceListSize = 1
ERROR SensorOpenByType:Failed to open sensor error:0x00000490

ERROR SensorOpenByType:Failed to open sensor error:0x00000490shell\dataexchange\winrt\lib\dragdropmanager.cpp(65)\DataExchange.dll!6D72716E: (caller: 10587AB2) ReturnHr[PreRelease](4) tid(3cbc) D0000005 ERROR FindDefaultInterface:CM_Get_Device_Interface_List_Size failed:0x00000000, InterfaceListSize = 1

SA Santhiya Arulsamy Syncfusion Team December 23, 2015 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your update.

We are unable to reproduce the problem. Could you please modify the sample attachment to reproduce the problem and revert to us? It will be helpful to provide a proper solution.

Sample: ChartSample

Thanks,

Santhiya A

MF Michael Fuller January 1, 2016 11:53 PM UTC

Been troubleshooting this, here are the results

Switching from referencing the Syncfusion SDK to just the sfChart.dll caused something in the Visual Studio build files to conflict when compiling for a windows store release with 'Optimize' on.

While trying to build an easy example of the problem, using all the same reference libraries, etc. but a much reduced (99% less) of my apps code, it works!

No amount of 'clean solution', deleting bin and obj directories, recompiling, etc. seemed to help, but a completely fresh project with all code copy/pasted in works.

So this seems like it was a MSFT issue with VS and it happened to coincidentally be linked to my original projects references.

Wish I could tell you more, but I can't seem to nail down why my old copy is broken but the copy/paste new project works.

MF Michael Fuller January 1, 2016 11:57 PM UTC

I spoke too soon... the new copy is now crashing with same errors.

MF Michael Fuller January 2, 2016 01:38 PM UTC

Attached is an example project showing the problem.  It uses your GoldDemand example from your sfChart documentation.

The code that seems to result in a conflict, is LINQ based and I've copy/pasted it below.  Ignore the rationale behind doing this, in my app I have a string that I need to parse into 3 different fields for loading into a database.  That code isn't even attached to a list that the chart uses.  In fact, I can delete all the charts and just have the code adding to the list, with your sfChart.dll in the  references and it crashes.   Take out the sfChart.dll reference and it runs fine.   Add the Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML full reference to your toolset, and it runs fine.  Use sfChart.dll instead, again crashes.  

Dim x = "Test1998.02361.2"
   Demands.Add(New GoldDemand() With {.Demand = getDemand(x), .Year2010 = getValue1(x), .Year2011 = getValue2(x)})       

There must be something in your specific dll's that conflicts with System.LinQ or something when 'optimize'  & 'Native Toolchain' on compile is selected...  both required for store apps.

So here are the troubleshooting procedures to replicate the problem.  Keep in mind, Test Case 1 is the GOAL of this test project.  This whole thread is focused on using just the sfChart.dll in a Release, to reduce size of store apps by not including your entire library. 

Test Case 1 Release, Optimize compile, Native Tool Chain compile, sfChart.dll
 Result - crashes

Test Case 2  Release, Optimize compile, Native Tool Chain compile, Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML reference
 Result - runs fine

Test Case 3 Debug,  uncheck Optimize compile,  uncheck Native Tool Chain compile, sfChart.dll
Result - runs fine

Test Case 4  Debug, Optimize compile, Native Tool Chain compile, Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML reference
 Result - runs fine

Test Case 5  Release,  Optimize compile, Native Tool Chain compile,
        Delete the charts, delete all chart code, delete reference to any Syncfusion products.  In other words, not using Syncfusion at all.
Results - runs fine.

Test Case 6  Same as Test Case 5 but add a reference to sfChart.dll even though we aren't using it at this point.
Result - crash

Test Case 7 Same as Test Case 5 but use reference to your full library instead of sfChart.dll.   Again, we aren't using it but this shows there is some conflict that arises when using the dll vs the full library.
Result - Runs fine.

Hope you can help! 

Attachment: sfChartVBCodeBehind_c6de7986.zip

MF Michael Fuller January 2, 2016 04:56 PM UTC

Regarding the attached example on my previous reply, is there a dependency on Syncfusion.Data.dll ?

The errors seem related to Linq, Lists, etc.  Collections types of routines.   If you reference sfChart.dll and sfData.dll in my previous attached example, it works!  Even in Release mode.

Per the other items, like sfGrid, sfChart should include it's dependencies if this is the problem.

Please let me know the final solution, workaround, or upcoming fix...

Thank you

SA Santhiya Arulsamy Syncfusion Team January 4, 2016 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

We have analyzed the problem. SfChart.dll is independent to SfData.dll. We are unable to run your attached sample. Please find the error log report attachment. Could you please modify your sample and update us? This will be helpful for us to give you a proper solution.

ErrorLogReport

Thank,

Santhiya A

MF Michael Fuller January 4, 2016 01:35 PM UTC

Do you have the latest Windows 10 SDK?  and Windows 10 version?

Build 10586

The example runs fine on my systems and the only difference would be your Windows and SDK versions.

Please make sure to document the Data.dll requirement with sfChart.   I spent many hours working this problem that could have been avoided.

Thank you

SA Santhiya Arulsamy Syncfusion Team January 5, 2016 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your update.

We have created an incident to follow up the reported problem. We will assist you through incident. We request you to follow with the incident for further details.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Thanks.

Santhiya A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon