We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Loading Ribbon from a dll file

Hi,

I'm trying to create an app that allow the user to choose a specific ribbon display from a list of dll files, than the app will display the ribbon style of the chosen dll. (ribbon xaml code will be in the dll file).
For example if the user select file 1.dll the ribbon tabs would be 1,2,3 and for file 2.dll the ribbon tabs would be a,b,c.

I've created a class library (attached in the end) but somehow I get an error and can't compile the project file, if I copy-paste the xaml code to a WPF application than it's compiled.

Any help resolving the error or maybe creating another example of a dll file that works would be highly appreciated. 

Regards,

Dov.

Attachment: ribbonDll_5fc98ed8.zip

3 Replies

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team December 21, 2015 01:33 PM UTC

Hi Dov,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have checked your updated file by referring the dll in the application. When you create assembly file with our controls, the assembly file need to be zip with Syncfusion assembly file and your application need to refer corresponding Syncfusion dll along with class library reference.

Please let us know if you want any other assistance on this.

Regards,
Rajkumar G

DO Dov December 21, 2015 02:37 PM UTC

Thank you for your fast reply.

I think I've managed to solve this issue, the problem was with different target framework and assembly version.
Now the dll is working properly.

For future reference I'd like to know what is the correct way to send you files, and how should I do it.

Regards,

Dov. 

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team December 22, 2015 11:19 AM UTC

Hi Dov,

Thanks for your update.

You can share your file to us in either forum or by opening incident from below link

Link:  https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login

Can you provide more information about what type of file you want to send us? We will provide appropriate solution based on the details.

Regards,
Rajkumar G

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon