We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

The tag "TabControlExt" does not exist in the XML namespace....

I am running Windows 10 Pro with Visual Studio 2015 and I am trying to use the TabControlExt control in a new WPF application targeting the .NET 4.5.2 framework. Whenever I try to build my application I get the following build error:

The tag 'TabControlExt' does not exist in XML namespace 'http://schemas.syncfusion.com/wpf'. Line 11 Position 10.

Ive tried retargeting the 4.0 framework with no luck either. What is causing this?

3 Replies

AK Ashok Kumar Murugesan Syncfusion Team December 21, 2015 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Matt Gianino,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were unable to reproduce the issue in TabControlExt. Could you please verify that assemblies "Syncfusion.Tools.WPF" and "Syncfusion.Shared.WPF" are added in your application? Also ensure that the TargetFramework version of your project and referred assemblies are the same. You can use 4.5.1 assemblies to set the target version 4.5.2 and please refer the assemblies folder from the below location.

Local Path: [local drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.3.0.7\Assemblies\4.5.1

We have prepared the sample that tries to meet your requirement and you can download the same from the below location

Sample:TabcontrolExt

If you still face the same issue, please update us with issue reproduced sample with locally referred assemblies. This would help us to proceed further.

Regards
Ashok Kumar M.

JR John Rewolinski October 10, 2016 05:54 AM UTC

Ashok, I know this thread is old, but I just started using SyncFusion and I am getting the same error with the sample you provided above.

I believe all of my references are correct and my target version is set correctly.  Any Ideas?

AK Ashok Kumar Murugesan Syncfusion Team October 10, 2016 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Matt Gianino,

We were unable to reproduce the issue in TabControlExt. We have prepared the sample with locally referred assemblies. You can download the sample and assemblies from the below link.

Sample:TabcontrolExt 

Please check the Sample with locally referred assemblies. If the issue still persists, please let us know this issue only occurred while try to use TabControlExt or all the controls.

Regards,
Ashok Kumar M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon