We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Combobox cell problem

Hi, I''ve been having a problem with a grid containing a column of combobox cells where I cannot select some of the items in the drop down list. For example I am using the cell to select an arithmetic operator (=, <>, <, <= etc) and for some reason it is impossible to select the ''<'' option even though it appears correctly in the drop down. The problem appears when the list is populated manually or from a DataTable in a data bound control. Any Ideas? David Loomes

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2004 12:21 PM UTC

There were problems of this nature in 1.6.1.8 and earlier versions. Have you tried this in 2.0.3.0?

SJ Samuel Jack March 23, 2004 01:20 PM UTC

I''ve been having a similar problem and I am working with the latest release of the Grid.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2004 01:29 PM UTC

Can you post a small sample project so we can see the problem here?

DL David Loomes March 24, 2004 04:35 PM UTC

>Can you post a small sample project so we can see the problem here? Clay, the problem seems to involve use of the Exclusive dropdown style. The following code produces the problem // build the set of allowed operators StringCollection OperatorChoices = new StringCollection(); OperatorChoices.AddRange(new string[] {"", "=", "<>", ">", ">=", "<", "<=", "Like", "IsNull", "IsNotNull"}); GridStyleInfo Style = grid.ColStyles[1]; Style.CellType = "ComboBox"; Style.CellTipText = "Operator"; Style.DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.Exclusive; Style.CellValueType = typeof(string); Style.ChoiceList = OperatorChoices; You should find it impossible to select "<". Comment out the line that sets the DropDownStyle, and everything works fine. David Loomes

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 24, 2004 07:55 PM UTC

I tried your code in this project with both 1.6.1.8 and 2.0.3.0, and was able to select the <. Do you see the problem in the sample? What version are you using?

DL David Loomes March 25, 2004 05:27 AM UTC

Clay, The sample project you sent shows the problem on my system - I cannot select or type ''<''. The release notes with my installation describes itself as version 1.6.1.0. Is this the correct place to look? How can I get 1.6.1.8? David Loomes

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 25, 2004 05:59 AM UTC

Yes, 1.6.1.0 did have this problem. You can download 1.6.18 from your Direct Trac home page.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon