We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

dashboard server using the active directory environment

hi,

I could not connect the dashboard designer to the dashboard server. I am using active directory on my authentication from all my servers and clients.

5 Replies

VR Venkatesan Rethinam Syncfusion Team December 16, 2015 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Nestor Basilan, jr,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

Currently we do not have support for Active Directory Authentication. Please update how you tried connecting the dashboard designer to the dashboardserver. 

We need the dashboard server to be running for the dashboard server to connect to it. We suggest you to start the dashboard server through the desktop icon “Start Syncfusion Dashboard Server” and then try connecting to it.

If you still have problem in connecting to the dashboard designer, please provide below details to provide a solution sooner.
·         Share the error screenshot that you are getting when connected to the dashboard designer. 

Thanks,
R. Venkatesan

NB nestor basilan, jr. December 18, 2015 01:41 AM UTC

hi,

Here are the screenshots of the errors both on the database server and the client PC, and also the successful connection to the dashboard database created by your dashboard server installer by using active directory credentials. I also allowed some apps installed on the database server in the firewall and added a login to the dashboard database on the database server using active directory credentials which why I was able to connect to the database itself and I was able to open the tables and columns from the client PC.

Thank you and hope the screenshots helps.

Attachment: dashboard_8a9b0dfe.zip

VK Vinod Kumar R Syncfusion Team December 18, 2015 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Nestor Basilan,

Thanks for sharing the requested details.

From the shared screenshots we observed the following details:

1.       It seems you have used your SQL server name to login into dashboard server. Please use Dashboard Server details to login to dashboard platform.

From the screen shot we have observed that your Dashboard Server name should be specified in “Server name” box as http://localhost:57730

2.       From the 3rd screenshot we observed that the internet connection was lost in your system while previewing our sample. Since we have used online connection string for data access in our sample dashboards, internet connection is required to preview the same.

Please let us know if we misunderstood any of your requirements.

Thanks,

Vinod Kumar R

NB nestor basilan, jr. December 21, 2015 07:08 AM UTC

Hi,

Good day! Please see the attached screenshots of what you have suggested to use but I still could not login to the dashboard server.

I just want to clarify my installation of your dashboard server is on a real physical server which is named leyeco2DB1 which is also my production database server where a lot of clients are connected, so it is installed in a physical machine side by side with my SQL Server 2014. And then I installed the dashboard designer at my workstation which literally far away from my servers, so I'm trying to login over the network by using active directory credentials from my domain controllers. So I think any application that will be installed in the physical server named leyeco2DB1 will use that name or the IP address of that server, by the way I also tried using the IP Address of the server but still I could not login.

Maybe your right that your dashboard app still don't support an active directory environment but I am hoping that it will be coming on the next update.

Thank you again and Merry Christmas!

Attachment: Dashboard_2_fd5b2479.zip

NR Nigin Raj E.C Syncfusion Team December 21, 2015 09:21 AM UTC

Hi Nestor Basilan,

Currently active directory is not integrated with our dashboard designer application. This feature will be available in the upcoming release on January 2016.

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Regards,
Nigin Raj E C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon