We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Setting html attributes on control itself

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

121430 Dec 14,2015 09:17 AM Dec 17,2015 08:30 AM ASP.NET MVC 4
Tags: DropDownList
RA
Asked On December 14, 2015 09:17 AM

Hi all
I am trying to set a html attribute on a drop-down list. However, it is setting that attribute on the span which contains the input.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

Arun Palaniyandi [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 16, 2015 09:08 AM

Hi Rami,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Through HtmlAttributes property, we will add the attributes to wrapper of input element instead input element except the following attributes disabled, required and readOnly.  So we suggest you to add the attributes to element directly by getting it from DropDownList object if it need.

The following JS Playground sample will show case the demo for the requirement.

http://jsplayground.syncfusion.com/nl1qrbq5

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,

Arun P

RA
Replied On December 16, 2015 09:11 AM

I was wondering if there is any way to add them directly to the input itself, by using the EJ API, for situations in which I cannot use JavaScript

Thanks

Arun Palaniyandi [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 17, 2015 07:57 AM

Hi Rami, 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Currently, we don’t have the option for setting the html attributes on input itself so we are considering this as a usability feature. We have created an incident in your account kindly follow up the incident for further queries.  

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,

Arun P

RA
Replied On December 17, 2015 08:30 AM

Thank you

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;