We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Ribbon task

How can i achieve the following using syncfusionessentialwindowsforms. Mind you i have already installed it and integrated with visual studio

Attachment: ribon_f25455a5.zip

3 Replies

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team December 12, 2015 09:25 AM UTC

Hi Robins,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

The reported requirement can be achieved by using the control named RibbonControlAdv. We hope your requirement is to add the ToolStripTabItem and ToolStripEx in RibbonControlAdv. If so, please make use of the below code example.

Code Example[C#]:

ToolStripTabItem tab = new ToolStripTabItem();

//To add ToolStripTabItem in RibbonControlAdv

this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.AddMainItem(tab);

ToolStripEx Strip = new ToolStripEx();

//To Add ToolStripEx in RibbonControlAdv panel

(this.ribbonControlAdv1.SelectedTab as ToolStripTabItem).Panel.Controls.Add(Strip);

We have prepared the sample for your reference which can be download from here.

Sample : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121418/ze/RibbonTask1706593665

Video : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121418/ze/RibbonItemsAdd349345975

Please refer to the below screenshot.

Screenshot:

Regards,
Senthil

RH Robins Harawa August 23, 2016 11:21 AM UTC

Am looking for visual basic code not C# as you have shown. In addition I want it to be found in the toolbox so that i can drag and drop to the form

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team August 24, 2016 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Robins,   

We have modified last updated sample using Visual Basic code.  Please refer the code example and sample from the below.   

Code Example[Visual Basic]:

Dim tab As New ToolStripTabItem()   

'To add ToolStripTabItem in RibbonControlAdv   

Me.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.AddMainItem(tab)   

Dim Strip As New ToolStripEx()   

'To Add ToolStripEx in RibbonControlAdv panel   

TryCast(Me.ribbonControlAdv1.SelectedTab,ToolStripTabItem).Panel.Controls.Add(Strip)   

Please download the sample from the below link   

Sample link: RibbonTask

Query: “I want it to be found in the toolbox so that i can drag and drop to the form”    

Our ToolStripTabItem is an inner level item of RibbonControlAdv. So we cannot provide this control to ToolBox. But we can add ToolStripTabItem by using SmartTag in Designerview. If we misunderstood your requirement, could you please provide more information about your requirement. This would help to proceed further.   

Regards,   
Mariappan S.   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon