We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Xamarin.Forms V2

Hi i am evaluatiing your products. i tried to integrate your charts and grid in a mobile app i am building in XF V2 and i get the following build error. Do you suppoprt Xamarin.Forms V2

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error The "LinkAssemblies" task failed unexpectedly.
Xamarin.Android.XamarinAndroidException: error XA2006: Reference to metadata item 'Xamarin.Forms.ImageSource Xamarin.Forms.ImageSource::FromResource(System.String)' (defined in 'Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms, Version=13.3451.0.18, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null') from 'Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms, Version=13.3451.0.18, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' could not be resolved. ---> Mono.Cecil.ResolutionException: Failed to resolve Xamarin.Forms.ImageSource Xamarin.Forms.ImageSource::FromResource(System.String)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethod(MethodReference reference)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkInstruction(Instruction instruction)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process()
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process(LinkContext context)
at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.Process(LinkContext context)
at MonoDroid.Tuner.Linker.Process(LinkerOptions options, LinkContext& context)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.LinkAssemblies.Execute()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Xamarin.Android.Diagnostic.Error(Int32 code, Exception innerException, String message, Object[] args)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.LinkAssemblies.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__26.MoveNext() ThesismBI.Droid

9 Replies

HN Harikrishnan N Syncfusion Team December 9, 2015 11:40 AM UTC

Hi Giorgos,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

We have analyzed the reported issue. The exception occurs because of some updates in the ImageSource class in the Xamarin dlls. The last release of SfDataGrid support the Xamarin nugets version 1.5.1.6471. Since there were some changes in the latest Xamarin nugets for the ImageSource, it result in a conflict between the referred nugets in the sample and the SfDataGrid dll thereby leading to the crash. Updating the SfDataGrid source with latest nugets will fix this issue which will be available in our upcoming release. We appreciate your patience until then and request you to use the 1.5.1.6471 version of nugets to avoid the issues.

Please let us know if you have any query.

Regards,
Harikrishnan

LG Louis-Philippe Giroux January 19, 2016 08:37 PM UTC

Hi,
I'm facing the same problem after updating to the new Xamarin.Forms 2. I'm using the latest version 13.4.0.53. Any developments, work around or at least an ETA for when Syncfusion will be updated to support Xamarin.Forms 2? I tried to find what the requirements are to run syncfusion on xamarin, but I couldn't find any details on this site or on the xamarin components page (https://components.xamarin.com/view/SyncfusionEssentialStudio). Where can I find this information to plan for updates instead of wasting time trying to understand what went wrong?

Thanks for the help and have a nice day,
LP

HN Harikrishnan N Syncfusion Team January 20, 2016 05:45 PM UTC

Hi Louis-Philippe,

The requirements to run Syncfusion controls on Xamarin is stated in the ReadMe in every release. For more details regarding how to run the Syncfusion controls, please check our user documentation.

UG link: http://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/

Regarding your query when Syncfusion will be updated to support Xamarin.Forms 2, Syncfusion controls will always be released with the Xamarin.Forms stable version which is released one week before our release date.

However in our last release, we faced few framework issues in our control when updating to Xamarin.Forms version 2.0 and hence we downgraded to support 1.5.1.6471 version of nugets and you can check the details about the framework issue in the below KB.

Framework issue : https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/5990/layout-cycle-detected-layout-could-not-complete-exception-in-sfdatagrid 

Regarding the ImageSource exception mentioned in this thread, the last release of SfDataGrid supports the Xamarin nugets version 1.5.1.6471. Since there were some changes in the latest Xamarin nugets for the ImageSource, it resulted in a conflict between the referred nugets in the sample and the SfDataGriddlls thereby leading to this issue. For more details of this issue please check the below KB.

https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/5975/system-methodmissingexception-in-imagesource-when-using-sfdatagrid 

Regards,
Harikrishnan

LG Louis-Philippe Giroux January 20, 2016 07:36 PM UTC

Hello,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have a couple issues with your answer. In the bundle SyncfusionEssentialStudio-13.4.0.53.zip there is no ReadMe file, but there is 3 README_FIRST.txt containing only this:
     For the Windows Phone toolkit make sure that you have
     marked the icons in the "Toolkit.Content" folder as content.  That way they
     can be used as the icons for the ApplicationBar control.

For the online help, the system requirements page doesn't mention Xamarin,forms version http://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/introduction/system-requirements The only mention of a xamarin.forms limitation seem to be in the middle of the release note page http://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/release-notes/xamarin-forms/v13.4.0.53

Known Issues

• Upgrading to forms version greater than 1.5.1.6471 will lead to cyclic layout pass in Grid. This issue occurs because of framework changes in the latest versions. It is reported as a bug in bugzilla. Hence use Xamarin nugets of version 1.5.1.6471 to avaoid the above issue. Incase, if you experience any crash in Android and iOS on updating please contact our support team to get custom dlls for the fix.

Did I miss something obvious? By the way, clicking on API Reference is broken (page not found and the top doubles).

LP

SL Sathya Lakshmanan Syncfusion Team January 21, 2016 03:39 PM UTC

Hi Louis-Philippe,
Regarding your query about README_FIRST.txt and “system requirements page doesn't mention Xamarin.Forms version”:
The file README_FIRST.txt is a part of WindowsPhone project and not the ReadMe information of our controls. You can check the ReadMe information of our controls from the below link:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v13.4.0.53/ReadMe/Xamarin_Forms.html
We have updated the Xamarin.Forms compatibility details of our product in the below link and you can check it for more details.
http://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/introduction/compatibility-road-map
Regarding Your query, “clicking on API Reference is broken”:
We have fixed this from our side. So could you please check this at your side now and let us know.
Regards,
Sathya.

LG Louis-Philippe Giroux January 21, 2016 06:37 PM UTC

Hi,
Thanks for the informations. Will the readme file be included in future release bundle? I confirm that the API reference page is working.

LP

SL Sathya Lakshmanan Syncfusion Team January 22, 2016 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Louis-Philippe,

Yes, we will include the ReadMe file in our release builds from the next release onwards.

Regards,
Sathya.

LG Louis-Philippe Giroux January 26, 2016 04:21 PM UTC

Hi,
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a road map should be about the future, not the past. Any idea when you will be supporting the new Xamarin.Forms 2?

Have a nice day.
LP

SL Sathya Lakshmanan Syncfusion Team January 27, 2016 07:18 AM UTC

Hi Louis-Philippe,

Our RoadMap clearly states that Syncfusion Xamarin.Forms components are compatible with the stable Xamarin.Forms version, which was rolled out at least one week before our monthly service pack or major release. It denotes our future release and not the past.

Regarding your query about supporting the new Xamarin.Forms 2:
Currently we are checking with Xamarin about the reported framework issue and they too are working on it to get it fixed. So possibly, we will upgrade to Xamarin.Forms 2.0 x in our upcoming service pack if Xamarin fixes the reported framework issue in their next stable release. However you will also be able to get the details about which Xamarin version our controls are compatible with from the ReadMe information.

Regards,
Sathya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon