Difference between ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET MVC (classic)
You can use our Essential Studio latest version Volume3, 2015 and it is available for download under the following location.
Advantages ASP.NET MVC over classic MVC are listed below.
· ASP.NET MVC controls are completely built in client side.
· Third party support like Angular JS, Knock out JS are included.
· It is compatible with Bootstrap CSS.
· It has clean mark up.
· It has better performance over classic components.
· It has clean UI
· Theming support – we have provided thirteen variants, which includes both light and dark variations.
· ASP.NET MVC controls are responsive. So we can run in both Desktop and devices
· Touch support is enabled.
· RTL support is included.
· Provided with globalization support for all widgets.
· UI interaction and appearance are best when compared to MVC (Classic).
ASP.NET MVC reference details
In order to get started with ASP.NET MVC components refer the below link which includes all the details to get started with ASP.NET MVC Components.
online samples link: http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/web
ASP.NET MVC (classic) reference details
You can refer the following links to know more details about classic MVC controls.
online samples link: http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/ui/tools
I'm getting missing namespaces. Have I mixed the two types in my code ?
Again, how can I tell ?
Yes, both framework assemblies are referred in your sample application. Could you please go through the above details and confirm your platform and control details with us? So that we will be able to prepare a simple sample and share it with you.
Please let us know if you have any queries.
This allowed me to remove the classic MVC references in my config files.
As the EJ.MVC names space was already in the config files and the EJ.MVC assemblies already references the code works as expected
Thank you for your assistance.