We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Appointment missing when adding recurrence

Hi.

When I try to add and appointment with recurrence the apointment won`t show up in the scheduler.

This is from the the index.cshtml file:

@{List<string> view = new List<string>() { "WorkWeek" };}

@(Html.EJ().Schedule("Schedule1")

.Width("100%")

.Height("525px")

.Views(view)

.CurrentDate(DateTime.Now)

.AppointmentSettings(fields => fields.Datasource(Model)   
     .Id("BookingId")
     .StartTime("StartTime")
     .EndTime("EndTime")
     .Subject("Subject")
     .Recurrence("Recurrence")
     .RecurrenceRule("RecurrenceRule")

And this is from my model:

public partial class Lesson
    {
        public int Id { get; set; }
        public System.DateTime StartTime { get; set; }
        public System.DateTime EndTime { get; set; }
        public string Subject { get; set; }
        public Nullable<bool> Recurrence { get; set; }
        public string RecurrenceRule { get; set; }
    }

And I`m not sure what my data in my Sql database should look like for the recurrence and recurrencerule fields.
Is it OK with 'true' and 'FREQ=WEEKLY; INTERVAL=1; BYDAY=MO; UNTIL=12/23/2015' for testing purposes?
I`m not sure about the BYDAY data...is it necessary?

Tommy

1 Reply

VS Velmurugan S Syncfusion Team December 9, 2015 08:37 AM UTC

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Please find the responses for your queries:

Query #1: When I try to add and appointment with recurrence the apointment won`t show up in the scheduler.

We have prepared the sample with your given code example, which can be downloaded from the following location. In the below sample, appointments (normal and recurrence) are displayed properly in the Scheduler.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121385/ze/ScheduleRecurrenceSample-495809230

Query #2: And I`m not sure what my data in my Sql database should look like for the recurrence and recurrencerule fields. Is it OK with 'true' and 'FREQ=WEEKLY; INTERVAL=1; BYDAY=MO; UNTIL=12/23/2015' for testing purposes? I`m not sure about the BYDAY data...is it necessary?

You can pass the recurrence and recurrencerule field value as mentioned above. This will render the appointment on Monday within the time period of StartTime (ex: 12/7/2015) week to EndTime (ex: 12/23/2015) week. 
The BYDAY holds the DAY values, representing on which the appointments actually renders. For example, Create the weekly appointment, and select the day(s) from the day options (Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday). When Monday is selected, the first two letters of the selected day “MO” is saved in the BYDAY property. When multiple days are selected, the values are separated by commas. We request you to refer to our online documentation to know more about the Recurrence and RecurrenceRule field.

UG Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/js/schedule/working-with-appointments#recurrence-options

Regards,

Velmurugan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon