We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

using comboboxes as grid editors

I''m using a combobox as a cell editor within the grid and having problems in obtaining the underlying object when a user changes the cell value using a combobox. The combobox datasource is a list containing custom objects. I am usingthe renderer property to obtain the CellValue, which is text and not the object I expected. Does anyone know how to obtain the selected object?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2004 07:43 AM UTC

Your incident (both of them) has been responded to through DirectTrac. You used two different email addresses which is why you could not see the earlier response. I am not sure you will see the latter response either as the email address you used for that incident did not have an ''s'' at the end. I don''t know whether it needs one of not. There is a sample attached to that response. The problem is that you are setting style.ValueMember = "Name". This is why you are getting a string (along with the fact you set style.CellValueType = typeof(string)). If you set the CellValueType to be your object, and you set the ValueMember = "", then I think you will get what you want.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon