We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Missing Assembly

I've added the splitter and treeview to my web project through the "Syncfusion VS extension" option through the Project manager within VS
However I'm still getting an error
'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' does not contain a definition for 'Syncfusion' on the following lines
Line 27: @{Html.Syncfusion().Splitter("MySplitter").Height(400).Width(900).Orientation(SplitterOrientation.Horizontal)
Line 28:                                     .SplitterPanes(panes1 =>
Line 29:                                     {

I've already tried adding the following lines to both web.configs
<add namespace="Syncfusion.Mvc.Shared" />
<add namespace="Syncfusion.Mvc.Tools" />

But the error simply changes to
The type or namespace name 'Mvc' does not exist in the namespace 'Syncfusion'
I know i'm missing an assembly but not sure which one and how to add it to the project.
Can you assist ?

6 Replies

VR Varalakshmi R.S Syncfusion Team December 7, 2015 10:39 AM UTC

Hi Josef Szeliga,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

There are two Web.Config files are available in your application. So could you please check whether you have added the namespaces "Syncfusion.Mvc.Shared, Syncfusion.Mvc.Tools" in the below given Web.Config files? if not please add in both files and then run your application.

1.       Root \ Web.Config
2.       Views \ Web.Config

Kindly try the solution and let us know if this works.

Regards,
Varalakshmi

JS Josef Szeliga December 7, 2015 11:54 PM UTC

Thank you for your reply.
Yes both namespaces have been added to both config files

The error The type or namespace name 'Mvc' does not exist in the namespace 'Syncfusion'

Is still raised on the Root \ Web.Config  file at line 64.  See below.

Line 62:         <add namespace="Syncfusion.JavaScript.Olap" />
Line 63:         <add namespace="Syncfusion.Mvc.Shared" />
Line 64:         <add namespace="Syncfusion.Mvc.Tools" />
Line 65:       </namespaces>
Line 66:     </pages>

JS Josef Szeliga December 8, 2015 12:23 AM UTC

I'm not sure if this is relavent but in my project references the assemplies listed there are Syncfusion.EJ.MVC
I don't see any Syncfusion.mvc assemblies.
Is that correct or should i also have a Syncfusion.mvc assembly in my references ?

VR Varalakshmi R.S Syncfusion Team December 8, 2015 05:55 AM UTC

Hi Josef Szeliga,

Thanks for sharing the details with us.

The assemblies specified in your error details are related to MVC classic components.

So if you are using EJ MVC components then please refer the below given documentation link. This link provides detailed information about adding EJMVC controls to your application,
http://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/getting-started

if you are using MVC classic then please refer the below given documentation link,
http://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc-classic/how-to-add-essential-tools-to-an-mvc4-application

kindly try the above links. If still you have any issues then please let us know your platform and control details. We will prepare a sample and share it with you.

Regards,
Varalakshmi

JS Josef Szeliga December 8, 2015 06:56 AM UTC

Thank you for your reply.
Can you please provide a link that will explain to me the differences between the two framwork types.
I will need to know the pros and cons of each type to determine which one I should be using.

Also information about converting from one to the other if this is possible.

Are these two seperate project types and if so how can i determine which type a project was originally created for ?

regards

Josef

VR Varalakshmi R.S Syncfusion Team December 9, 2015 08:46 AM UTC

Hi Josef Szeliga,

Please follow up with the forum #121377, we have updated the details in the specified forum.

To know more details about migration from ASP.NET MVC (classic) to ASP.NET MVC then please refer the below given link,
https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/4463/how-to-migrate-from-classic-asp-net-mvc-to-asp-net-mvc

Regards,
Varalakshmi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon