We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Master-Detail View will not add a new row

Hi,
If I have a master-detailsview using a SfDataGrid for both, I cannot add new rows in the detail SfDataGrid.
I can edit existing detail rows ...  i just can't add them.

I have modified your master-detailsview sample to demonstrate the problem. All i did was add AllowEditing, AllowFiltering, AllowDeleting, AddNewRowPosition as follows ...

<syncfusion:SfDataGrid x:Name="FirstDetailsViewGrid" AllowDeleting="True" AllowEditing="True" AllowFiltering="True" AddNewRowPosition="Bottom" AllowResizingColumns="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False">

Many thanks for your help,
James.

Attachment: CS_1cce2e06.rar

5 Replies

SR Sivakumar R Syncfusion Team December 7, 2015 03:17 AM UTC

Hi James,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused.

We have analyzed your query and we are regret to inform you that currently we don’t have a support for “AddNewControl control support for DetailsView datagrid in sfDataGrid”. A support incident to track the status of this query has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Sivakumar

JR James Randle December 7, 2015 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Sivakumar,
Thanks for the information.

If anyone's interested, I worked around this by adding a ContextMenu to the master DataGrid that handles adding a new item to the ObservableCollection<> that I have set as the syncfusion:GridViewDefinition.RelationalColumn.
You can grab a reference to the detail view DataGrid from the SfDataGrid_DetailsViewLoading(object sender, Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.DetailsViewLoadingAndUnloadingEventArgs e) event.

Cheers,
James.

SP Sowndaiyan Paulpandi Syncfusion Team December 8, 2015 11:34 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for your update.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Sowndaiyan

JA James June 13, 2016 11:57 AM UTC

I too have now come across this problem. 

I spend ~ 4 hours trying to work this out. 

1) Has the ticket that was mentioned been resolved? Is there going to be a fix soon?
2) Syncfusion can you please add this your list of  "Master-Details View Limitations" at very the bottom of your documentatino page http://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfdatagrid/master-details-view#master-details-view-limitations

It would have saved me hours. I looked at that limitations to make sure what I was trying to do was not a restruction 

James

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team June 14, 2016 07:33 AM UTC

Hi James  

Please find the responses for your queries as below,   

Query 1:   

We have implemented the AddNewRow support in DetailsViewDataGrid and it is available in our latest Essential Studio Volume 1 Service Pack 1, 2016.   

Query 2:   

As we have implemented the AddNewRow support in DetailsViewDataGrid, it is not required to add this in our Master-Details View Limitations.   

Regards,   
Jai Ganesh S   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon