We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to set up a fast document preview for office files and PDFs?

I am trying to develop a document preview feature with Syncfusion controls. My current approach is using PDFViewer to display PDFs. For office files I use the according IO-libraries (DocIO, XlsIO, ...) to convert these files to PDFs which I display in PDFViewer again. This is very slow for large files for obvious reasons. What would be the best general approach to create a document preview (I don't require implementation details, just which controls to use, etc.)? I would prefer using native controls for each file format without converting the files, but as I understand there are only controls for PDFs and spreadsheets? Is that correct? Thank you very much in advance!

1 Reply

US Uthistran S Syncfusion Team November 27, 2015 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Marc,
Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.
Below are the details for viewing office files.

Word viewer

Our SfRichTextBoxAdv WPF control provides support for viewing, editing, printing and exporting word document contents (.docx, .doc, .rtf). We have attached a sample to demonstrate the same. Please do find the sample from following link.

Sample Link:
Sample

Presentation Viewer

At present, we do not have a Presentation Viewer control for viewing PowerPoint presentations. Instead we have created a workaround for viewing presentations by converting the slides to images, using the Essential Presentation library. Please find the workaround sample in the below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121282/PRESEN~11612935700.ZIP

Excel viewer

You can use our Spreadsheet control WPF to view the excel documents

Thanks,
Uthistran S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon