We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems setting up the IDE

Hi.

I have some problems setting up my current asp .net mvc web app using the mvc 5 template.
I`on the 4.5.1 framework.

Is this the link I should follow?

http://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/schedule/getting-started

I get an error saying:

Severity Code Description Project File Line
Error CS1061 'IHtmlHelper<IEnumerable<Scheduler>>' does not contain a definition for 'EJ' and no extension method 'EJ' accepting a first argument of type 'IHtmlHelper<IEnumerable<Scheduler>>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) StudyBook.DNX 4.5.1 C:\Users\.........\Index.cshtml 29

Tommy

15 Replies

TK Tommy Klausen November 23, 2015 03:57 PM UTC

Hi!

By the way, I`m using the DNX Core framework.

Tommy

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team November 24, 2015 01:57 PM UTC

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Please find the following steps in order to create the simple schedule MVC application in DNX framework.

1.       Create a new project by choosing File->New->Project in VS2015.
2.       Choose Web application under ASP.NET 5  Preview template.
3.       Under project.json -> dependencies include “Syncfusion.EJ:xxxx” and “Syncfusion.EJ.MVC:xxxx”

Note: xxxx denotes the build version(with beta version) installed in your local machine.

4.       Under Views->_ViewImports.cshtml include the following code

<Code>

@using Syncfusion.JavaScript,

@using Syncfusion.MVC.EJ,

@using Syncfusion.JavaScript.Shared

</Code>

5.       Include required css files under wwwroot->css and script files under wwwroot->script.
6.       Refer the included css and script files under views->Shared->_Layout.cshtml
7.       Add the following script manager render code at the end of the body tag in the layout.cshtml page as it is mandatory for rendering the EJMVC Schedule control.

<Code>

@Html.EJ().ScriptManager()

</Code>

8.       To render the Schedule control, add the following schedule code in the view page.

<Code>

@{Html.EJ().Schedule("Schedule1").Render();}

</Code>

Regards,
Karthigeyan

TK Tommy Klausen November 24, 2015 08:22 PM UTC

Hi.

I`m going to need some confirmation from you on things.

When I do poing 3 I get two different versjon numbers after the the assembly names in the project.json file and under the reference node in the solution explorer in Visual Studio 2015. Is that the way it should be?
I get version number 13.3600.0.7-beta5 on both assmblies in the .json file and 1.0.0 in the reference node.

Can you also go in more detail on point 5 and 6 for me?

Tommy 

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team November 25, 2015 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your update.

The version number you got under the project.json file and under the reference section are correct. Please find the detailed steps below for including  required css and script file.

1.       Create a folder named ej under wwwroot->css. In that ej folder include the required css files as shown in the below image.

2.       Create a folder structure scripts->ej under wwwroot. Include ej.web.all.min file under ej folder and other files as shown in the below image outside the ej folder

Note: Required css files will be available under C:\Users\karthigeyan\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\XXXX\JavaScript\samples\web\themes. Required script files will be available under  C:\Users\karthigeyan\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\XXXXX\JavaScript\samples\web\scripts. XXXX will be the build version installed in your local machine.

3.     Refer the included css file under views->Shared->_Layout.cshtml as shown in the below image.

4.       Refer the included script files under views->Shared->_Layout.cshtml as shown in the below image.

Note: jquery file first highlighted in the image will be included by default.

Regards,

Karthigeyan

YD Yuanpeng Ding November 25, 2015 12:38 PM UTC

same question here, I added
"Syncfusion.EJ""13.3600.0.7-beta"
in poject.json, but get an error says

Dependency Syncfusion.EJ >= 13.3600.0.7-beta could not be resolved 

TK Tommy Klausen November 25, 2015 10:36 PM UTC

Hi.

When I paste this part into my project:

@Html.EJ().ScriptManager()

I get this message:

Error CS0012 The type 'HtmlHelper' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. xxxxxxxxx.DNX 4.5.1 C:\Users\........\Views\Shared\_Layout.cshtml 77

Tommy

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team November 26, 2015 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Tommy/ Yuanpeng

We suspect that your applications have been created in beta version 8. Since, our Volume 3 main release (13.3.0.7) and Service Pack1 (13.3.0.12) support beta version 5, we request you to downgrade your application to beta version 5.

If the issue still persists at your end, kindly share code example/sample, if possible, to analyze the mentioned scenario and provide the possible solution. 
We have created a sample in MVC6 which can be downloaded from the below location.

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121244/ze/MVC6Sample356650683

In order to use MVC6, you may have to follow the below procedure.

1.       You need to install v13.2.0.34 or later versions. Once you have installed the Essential studio for MVC, you will get the assemblies in GAC and you can add “Syncfusion.EJ” nuget package in project.json file. 

2.       To use the Syncfusion EJ MVC components, you need to have some packages installed. So, please install packages from nuget.org and ASPNETVNext as shown in the below link. If you have previously configured any package, uncheck them and install the packages from these two URL’s as shown in the following link 
https://github.com/aspnet/Home/wiki/Configuring-the-feed-used-by-dnu-to-restore-packages

3.       Then, open the console and type “dnvm”. Once it is done, type “dnvm use 1.0.0-beta5 -p” (only for downgrading to beta version5) / “dnvm upgrade” 

4.       Now, restart the Visual studio and create the MVC 6 project.

5.       Add the Syncfusion.EJ nuget package in “project.json” file.

6.       Then, add the following namespaces in “Viewimports.cshtml” page.
                  <Code>

@using Syncfusion.JavaScript

@using Syncfusion.EJ.MVC

</Code>
       7.       Now, you can use the EJ MVC components.

Note:  Since, our Volume 3 main release (13.3.0.7) and Service Pack1 (13.3.0.12) support beta version 5, we have downgraded the application to beta version 5 in point 3. From our Volume 3 Service Pack 2, beta version8 will be supported.

Regards,
Karthigeyan

TK Tommy Klausen November 27, 2015 07:54 AM UTC

Hi.

The error I get is:
Error CS1705 Assembly 'Syncfusion.EJ.MVC' with identity 'Syncfusion.EJ.MVC, Version=13.3500.0.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' uses 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Mvc' with identity 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' xxxxx.DNX 4.5.1 C:\Users\......\Views\Shared\_Layout.cshtml 78

and

Warning NU1007 Dependency specified was Syncfusion.EJ.MVC >= 13.3600.0.12-beta5 but ended up with Syncfusion.EJ.MVC 1.0.0. StudyBook C:\Users\tomkl22\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\StudyBook\src\StudyBook\project.json 31

I will continue with the next step as you described.

TK Tommy Klausen November 27, 2015 07:57 AM UTC

Can I upload my project as a zip without having everybody else see the file?

TK Tommy Klausen November 27, 2015 09:28 AM UTC

Here comes the .rar.

Attachment: StudyBook_3b5db1f9.rar

TK Tommy Klausen November 29, 2015 08:29 PM UTC

Hi.

I have a terrible time figuring out what is wrong with my project.
Now I have som problems with the Controller type in my project.
I really need to get this thing going and would appriciate some different type of help.

Is it possible for you to help me via TeamViewer or some other remote control service?

I would very much appriciate this help in our project.

I have tried the last solutions you provided but I am lost in a jungle of assembliesettings and configurations.

First I would just like to create a standard Visual Studio 2015 asp .net mvc 5 web project and take it from there.

Tommy

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team December 1, 2015 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your update.

We request you to follow the given below links to create an application in MVC 5. There is no need of DNX framework to create a simple MVC 5 application. 

Knowledge Base Link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/3606/how-to-add-the-ejmvc-schedule-control-in-the-mvc-application

User Guide Link:

If you wish to create a simple MVC 6 application, follow the steps provided in our previous update where we have attached the simple MVC 6 sample. If the issue still persists at your end, try to reproduce the error in the above sample and get back to us by creating incidents through direct trac support system. Follow the given link to create an incident.

Incident Creation:

Regards,
Karthigeyan

YD Yuanpeng Ding December 2, 2015 11:49 AM UTC

Thank you for all your post and patience

Since the dnx rc1-update1 was released on Nov,30, what is the timeline of essential studio to follow it and the final release coming in the future?

TK Tommy Klausen December 6, 2015 01:43 PM UTC

Hi.

I have managed now to set up a project with all the setting you have provided in you messages to me.
But when I run it the scheduler is not displayed.

I would be so glad if you could provide some sort of assistance with remote access to my machine and have a look.

I believe you or somebody from your office have tried to call me and that is great.
I wasn`t available but the hours you tried to reach me was perfect. Try again.

Tommy

RJ Rilfanayasmin Jamal Nasar Syncfusion Team December 9, 2015 05:38 AM UTC

Hi Tommy/Yuanpeng

A support incident to track the status of this issue has been created under your accounts. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates,
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Yasmin

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon