We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using a PinnalbleListBox for a Recent Files List on a Ribbon Backstage, how do I capture a pin change or item click in the view model?

I am trying to use a PinnableListBox Control as Recent Files list. I am trying to find an example that shows which events or fields I need to access in my view model to 

1) determine when the user single clicks an item and which item they click os the view model run the command to open the file, and

2) determine when they click the item's pin to set its pin status. (I am assuming this would be just a simple two-way binding on IsPinned, but I am looking for validation on this assumption) 

I checked out the posting that shows how to display and sort a resent lists (which helped get the list displayed) but I can't find any other examples on how to use this control.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team November 19, 2015 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Query#1:"determine when the user single clicks an item and which item they click os the view model run the command to open the file?"

We have prepared a sample with PinnableListBox .In this sample we have use ItemsSource to populate the items. While clicking the item, we have used command to display its header and Pinnable status.

Query#2:"determine when they click the item's pin to set its pin status?"

In this sample we have binded the “IsPinned” Property to the Tooltip of the item . This will display the Pinnable status .

Please download the sample from below.

Sample: PinnableListBoxsample

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon