We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

A couple of problems with designer

I installed Dashboard Designer and created a simple dashboard with one column chart widget. 
As you can see in the attached screenshot, the columns are all bunched up together in the middle of the chart! 
I don't see any settings that would enable me to spread the columns out more so there is room between them.
Also, the preview does not show anything. When I run the preview with IE dev tools turned on, I get a bunch of
error messages in the console as seen in the attached text file. The two files are in the zip archive that is attached
to this post.

Thanks for your help.

Attachment: Files_2f4f5e0d.zip

7 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team November 17, 2015 03:49 PM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

In chart, you can have the quantitative measures (value columns) get displayed in split manner only through categorizing them, which can be done through adding the respective dimension column to "Columns" section by which you would like to categorize.

Can you please share the the error log file(s) generated under the following location in machine where this dashboard issue was experienced?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Dashboard Designer\Utilities\Windows Service\ErrorLog

This will help us to diagnose the reported problem sooner and get back to you with prompt solution.

Regards,
Rajadurai

JB James Butler November 17, 2015 04:46 PM UTC

There is no error_log in that location.

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team November 17, 2015 05:50 PM UTC

Hi James,

Can you please confirm whether you have installed Syncfusion Dashboard Platform SDK after installing Syncfusion Dashboard Designer? If so, please check the following location for the error log files, if any.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Dashboard Platform SDK\Utilities\Windows Service\ErrorLog

Regards,
Rajadurai

JB James Butler November 17, 2015 07:20 PM UTC

Yes, I did install the Dashboard SDK after installing Designer and there is no error log there either.

JB James Butler November 17, 2015 07:33 PM UTC

I am using IE 9 and I have to put the stupid thing into Document Mode IE9 standards to get the dashboard to render in the page.
Maybe you guys need to make sure to use the <DOCTYPE html> in that temp.html file that the preview creates from designer.

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team November 18, 2015 03:47 PM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for sharing the details.

We were able to reproduce the reported errors with some modes particularly with the following combination:
Windows 7 + Browser Mode : IE9 + Document Mode : Quirks

We have logged a defect report at our end to resolve these console errors in IE9. This fix will be included in our next service pack release.

Regards,
Rajadurai

SE Sundarraj E Syncfusion Team November 30, 2015 05:27 AM UTC

Hi James,

We will provide fixes related to IE9+ browser in standard mode.This fix will be included in service pack release which will be rolled out in a week.

Windows 8+ Browser Mode : IE9 + Document Mode : Standards

Note :
we were not able to give support to quirks mode,because IE5.5,IE6, 7 and 8 will switch back to 5.5 when they encounter a Quirks Mode page and w3C standard CSS rules will not be followed, hence most of the web page will not be rendering correctly in IE8 and IE9.

Please refer following link for further information,
http://www.quirksmode.org/css/quirksmode.html

Thanks,
Sundarraj.E

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon