We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Will you ever offer a form control, sort of an advanced formview?

One of the persistent shortcomings of asp.net development using the out of the box controls that come with visual studio is that the formview and detailsview controls are difficult to customize. I would really like to see a more advanced form control offered by syncfusion. Is anything like that in the works? Something that offers more advanced layout properties, that kind of thing.

5 Replies

ES Ezhil S Syncfusion Team November 11, 2015 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your interest with Syncfusion product.

Currently we haven’t provided support for FormView and DetailsView controls in Syncfusion ASP.NET.  We would like you to confirm if your requirement is to have a vertical grid to display the record details? We have created a sample depicting vertical grid. Please refer to the screenshot.

Please try the sample and share your comments. If not, please share more and clear details on your requirement.

The sample can be downloaded from the below link.

Sample Link: 
https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121066/ze/Sample-1065521078

The sample displays a simple Grid with no header and with the grid Content showing all record values of the corresponding field in a single row. The field/Column Name is displayed as the first column in Grid and with its values in the second column. 

In the sample, the processResponse method of the JsonAdaptor is altered in order to make the grid act like property grid. The “processResponse” method of JsonAdaptor is altered to modify the datasource passed to Grid. The modified datasource in ProcessResponse populate Grid like Property Grid.Please refer to the following code example.

ej.JsonAdaptor.prototype.processResponse = function (data, ds, query, xhr) {

var arraylist = data.result;

for (var i = 0; i < arraylist.length; i++) {

for (var key in arraylist[i]) {

temp[key]["key" + count] = arraylist[i][key];

}

count++;

}

for (var key in temp) {

var tmpData = { ColKey: key };

$.extend(tmpData, temp[key]);

prptData.push(tmpData);

}

data.result = prptData;

return data;

}

Please let us know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,
Ezhil S

SA Saddlebag May 29, 2019 05:20 AM UTC

Hi, my apologies for this late reponse - for some reason I thought no one had replied until I happened to check today.

The example you provide is something. But please have a look at what DevX offers with the aspxformlayout control:
https://documentation.devexpress.com/AspNet/DevExpress.Web.ASPxFormLayout.class

The other example that I know of is the obout superform:
http://www.obout.com/superform/

The idea is to reduce the amount of time needed to organize data forms.

I haven't had a look at syncfusion for several years and you've made a lot of progress. I will be experimenting with the asp.net controls. Thank you!

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team May 29, 2019 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Michael,  

Currently we don’t have any plan to implement new components in EJ1 as we are developing our new EJ2 components with advanced features which is jQuery independent. Please let us know what difficulties you face while rendering our controls in Asp.Net else share us your exact requirement with EJ1 components so that we can provide you a sample based on your requirement (if feasible) 

Already we have published the documentation for how to use EJ2 components in ASP.NET. Please find it below. 

Please let us know, if you have any concern on this. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

SA Saddlebag May 29, 2019 01:46 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply Ashokkumar. I'm glad to hear about the EJ2 project. The control that is like what I'd enjoy using is DevX ASPxFormLayout which I mentioned before.

Will there be a conversion path to move from EJ1 to EJ2?

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team May 30, 2019 11:50 PM UTC

Hello Michael,       

Thank you for your update. 

We have considered this as a feature request in our end and this feature will be implemented in any of our upcoming future releases. You can track the status of the request through the following feedback portal link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/6631/  

Regards, 
Prince 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon