We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Will you ever offer a form control, sort of an advanced formview?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

121066 Nov 8,2015 01:55 AM UTC Nov 11,2015 01:01 PM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms 1
Tags: General
Saddlebag
Asked On November 8, 2015 01:55 AM UTC

One of the persistent shortcomings of asp.net development using the out of the box controls that come with visual studio is that the formview and detailsview controls are difficult to customize. I would really like to see a more advanced form control offered by syncfusion. Is anything like that in the works? Something that offers more advanced layout properties, that kind of thing.

Ezhil S [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 11, 2015 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your interest with Syncfusion product.

Currently we haven’t provided support for FormView and DetailsView controls in Syncfusion ASP.NET.  We would like you to confirm if your requirement is to have a vertical grid to display the record details? We have created a sample depicting vertical grid. Please refer to the screenshot.

Please try the sample and share your comments. If not, please share more and clear details on your requirement.

The sample can be downloaded from the below link.

Sample Link: 
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/121066/ze/Sample-1065521078

The sample displays a simple Grid with no header and with the grid Content showing all record values of the corresponding field in a single row. The field/Column Name is displayed as the first column in Grid and with its values in the second column. 

In the sample, the processResponse method of the JsonAdaptor is altered in order to make the grid act like property grid. The “processResponse” method of JsonAdaptor is altered to modify the datasource passed to Grid. The modified datasource in ProcessResponse populate Grid like Property Grid.Please refer to the following code example.

ej.JsonAdaptor.prototype.processResponse = function (data, ds, query, xhr) {

var arraylist = data.result;

for (var i = 0; i < arraylist.length; i++) {

for (var key in arraylist[i]) {

temp[key]["key" + count] = arraylist[i][key];

}

count++;

}

for (var key in temp) {

var tmpData = { ColKey: key };

$.extend(tmpData, temp[key]);

prptData.push(tmpData);

}

data.result = prptData;

return data;

}

Please let us know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,
Ezhil S

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;