We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Filter on unbound column

Is there a way to filter on an unbound column with a template?   The filter box appears, but no values are present (the other columns work fine.  Is there something more I have to do to get filtering to work.

Here is an example of my grid:

$("#MyGrid").ejGrid({     
"dataSource": source,
            allowFiltering: true,
            filterSettings: { filterType: "excel" },         

columns: [
 { field: "GroupLayer", template: true, templateID: "#GroupNameTemplate", headerText: "Group Name", textAlign: ej.TextAlign.Right, type: "string" },
                    { field: "ApplicationID", headerText: "Application ID", width: 80, textAlign: ej.TextAlign.Right, type: "number" },
                    { field: "Description", headerText: "Application Name", width: 80, textAlign: ej.TextAlign.Right, type: "string" },
            ]
        });

3 Replies

SR Sellappandi Ramu Syncfusion Team November 4, 2015 06:28 AM UTC

Hi Jim Woods,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

When using template column with field, the filter operation will perform based on the field value.

Please share the following information to us for short out the cause of the issue and provide prompt solution.

1.       In your sample you have used “GroupLayer” as field name. Check whether data source has “GroupLayer” field with data?
2.       Code snippet of the template or issue reproducing sample.
3.       Screen shot of the dataSource which is bound in grid. Refer the attached screen shot,

We have created a sample based on your code snippet and tested it our end. But filtering is working fine.

Please refer the following online playground sample.

Sample Link: https://jsplayground.syncfusion.com/j1wsar4x

Regards,
Sellappandi R

JW Jim Woods November 4, 2015 08:53 PM UTC

Thank you for your help.  My template column field value "GroupLayer" was not included in the datasource.  Once I corrected this, filtering worked fine.

Thank you,
Jim

SR Sellappandi Ramu Syncfusion Team November 5, 2015 05:21 AM UTC

Hi Jim Woods, 

We are happy that the provided suggestion helped you. 

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.  

Regards, 

Sellappandi R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon