We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Getting link error when trying to build on debug/iPhone

Hi there, could you help me out with the build error on my application? Thanks!

The application is build fine on release/iPhone or debug/iPhoneSimulator, but have link error when build for debug/iPhone. Please check the attached full build log for the error message. Below is the xamarin and syncfusion versions, and short message copied from log. Please let me know if you need more information.

The Xamarin iOS version is: 9.1.0.18

Syncfusion version is:13.3.0.7

MTOUCH: error MT5209: Native linking error: don't know how to convert instruction eccfbcb2 referencing _mono_create_corlib_exception_1.island.4 to thumb in 'Syncfusion_Calculate_CalcEngine_ComputeDdb_string' from .../SampleBrowser.iOS/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/Syncfusion.XlsIO.Portable.dll.armv7.o for architecture armv7

MTOUCH: error MT5202: Native linking failed. Please review the build log.

Task "MTouch" execution -- FAILED

Done building target "_CompileToNative" in project ".../SampleBrowser.iOS.csproj".-- FAILED

Done building project "/Users/x4b5/Desktop/Stash/ck1/CK1App/SampleBrowser.iOS/SampleBrowser.iOS.csproj".-- FAILED

Build FAILED.

Attachment: linkErrorMsg_7203630e.zip

5 Replies

DB Dilli Babu Nandha Gopal Syncfusion Team October 30, 2015 05:58 AM UTC

Hi Xiaopeng,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

When using Syncfusion.XlsIO.Portable class library in iOS application, the following settings must be done to execute in iOS devices.

1.       Link behavior: Link SDK assemblies only (otherwise classes you need in Syncfusion.XlsIO.Portable.dll are linked away).

2.       Enable developer instrumentation: Unchecked (this is to create a smaller binary, since adding debug information makes it somewhat bigger).

3.       Enable generic value type sharing: Checked (this is also to create a smaller binary).

You can also refer to the ReadMe file in the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ReadMe1200983097.zip

This readme details will be added in our UG documentation.

Regards,

Dilli babu

XQ Xiaopeng Qi October 30, 2015 06:07 PM UTC

Dilli babu,

Thanks for the instruction. I set the #1 and #2 as you mentioned. The #3 option is not found in my Xamarin Studio (Version 5.9.8), maybe it's already build in with checked? It builds fine for debug/iPhone now. But I still cannot debug on it since the "Start Debugging" is greyed out after the #2 is unchecked. Is there a way to debug on device?

Thanks,
Xiaopeng

MM Mathu Mohan Vijayakumar Syncfusion Team November 2, 2015 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Xiaopeng,

Please find the below table for your queries.

Query
Response
The #3 option is not found in my Xamarin Studio (Version 5.9.8), maybe it's already build in with checked?

In higher version of Xamarin studio this option is no available. We can skip this option to solve the build error.

It builds fine for debug/iPhone now. But I still cannot debug on it since the "Start Debugging" is greyed out after the #2 is unchecked. Is there a way to debug on device?

XlsIO have larger binary codes, so we need to disable the developer instrumentation to resolve the native link error which was suggested by Xamarin Team. By setting this option we cannot debug on the device. So we recommend you to debug your application in the iphone simulator.

Please let us know if you need any clarification.

Regards,
Mathu Mohan V A             

XQ Xiaopeng Qi November 2, 2015 07:25 PM UTC

Got it. Thanks for the clarification!

MM Mathu Mohan Vijayakumar Syncfusion Team November 3, 2015 05:04 AM UTC

Hi Xiaopeng,

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you have any query.

Regards,

Mathu Mohan V A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon