We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Lots of warnings when building my app

Hello,

I get a lot of warnings when I build my app:

"Warning Type 'Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.Primitives.Thumb' was not included in compilation, but was referenced in type 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.PopupContentControl'. There may have been a missing assembly."

or

MakePRI : warning 0xdef01051: No default or neutral resource given for 'Files/Syncfusion.SfInput.UWP/InputStyles.xbf'. The application may throw an exception for certain user configurations when retrieving the resources.

or

warning : SG0002 : Cannot generate serialization code for type 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.SerializableGridColumn'

What can I do about this?

I'm using Visual Studio 2015, this occurs when building with .NET native configuration.

Many thanks!

9 Replies

MD MD October 30, 2015 08:48 AM UTC

One more thing: I don't want to reference all controls, I just need the chart part currently. I've referenced the sfchart.uwp.dll and added the ...UWP.sfchart... folder to the root of my project. It used to work with 13.2.0.29 before I've upgraded to 13.3.0.7, now I get an xml parse error on app start telling me that a string cannot be convertet to an uri. What am I missing?

Many thanks for your help and providing such great controls!

MD MD October 30, 2015 08:51 AM UTC

Darn, I've chosen the wrong forum tag, it sholuld be sfchart not sfdatagrid. My apologies.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team November 2, 2015 04:09 AM UTC

Hi Marco,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

When we referenced dll for separate control, dll and that control’s corresponding folder should be in same folder structure. 

Regards,
Rachel.A

LS Luca Spolidoro November 14, 2016 03:58 AM UTC

Hi Rachel,
I have the same issue of MD, I receive all these errors:
1>[ProjectFolder]\sg.exe : warning : SG0002 : Cannot generate serialization code for type 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.SerializableAnnotation'
1>[ProjectFolder]\sg.exe : warning : SG0002 : Cannot generate serialization code for type 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.SerializableChartLegend'
1>[ProjectFolder]\sg.exe : warning : SG0002 : Cannot generate serialization code for type 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.SerializableStripLine'
1>[ProjectFolder]\sg.exe : warning : SG0002 : Cannot generate serialization code for type 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.SerializableAxis'
1>[ProjectFolder]\sg.exe : warning : SG0002 : Cannot generate serialization code for type 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.SerializableChartAdornmentInfo'
1>[ProjectFolder]\sg.exe : warning : SG0002 : Cannot generate serialization code for type 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.SerializableTrendline'
1>[ProjectFolder]\sg.exe : warning : SG0002 : Cannot generate serialization code for type 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.SerializableChartSeries'
1>[ProjectFolder]\sg.exe : warning : SG0002 : Cannot generate serialization code for type 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.SerializableWatermark'
1>[ProjectFolder]\sg.exe : warning : SG0002 : Cannot generate serialization code for type 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.SerializableSfChart'
1>[ProjectFolder]\sg.exe : warning : SG0002 : Cannot generate serialization code for type 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.SerializableGridColumn'

I'm using Syncfusion.SfChart.UWP46 nuget package 14.3.0.49, and I'm not copying any DLL manually, can you help?

thanks.

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team November 15, 2016 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Luca, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We have tried to reproduce the reported problem at our end and we are not able to reproduce the problem. We have prepared a demo sample by referring the Syncfusion.SfChart.UWP46 nuget package of v14.3.0.49 and it can be downloaded from below link, 

Sample: UWPNugets_(2) 

If you are still able to reproduce the reported problem, please revert us by modifying the sample. It would be helpful for us to serve you better. 

Regards, 
Devi 

PS Pseudocode November 24, 2016 06:36 PM UTC

Hi Devi

I have the same warnings.
I use the latest Version Syncfusion Controls for UWP 14.4.015 and the warnings appears only in Release Mode.

Regards

Christof

Attachment: Warnings_d09cd5b7.zip

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team November 28, 2016 01:35 PM UTC

Hi Christo, 

The reported warnings are due to default compiler, while building the project with enabling native tool chain in Release mode. We can avoid this warning by including control assembly in application’s runtime directives(rd.xml) configuration file (Default.rd.xml) as shown in the below code snippet.  

<Assembly Name="Syncfusion.SfChart.UWP" Serialize="Required Public" > 
      <Namespace Name="Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts" Serialize="All" /> 
    </Assembly> 

We have prepared a demo sample and it can be download from below link, 

Sample: ReleaseModeUWP 

Regards, 
Devi 

MH Mohamed Hassanin December 14, 2016 01:57 PM UTC

Hi,

I was not able to find the NuGet package syncfusion.sfchart.uwp46 in the NuGet manager/browse!
Do you know what I am missing?

Thanks
Mohamed

Attachment: sfcharUWP_228a4ec7.zip

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team December 15, 2016 01:29 PM UTC

Hi Mohamed,

In order to refer the Syncfusion.UWP nugets in your projects , you need to add Syncfusion UWP Nuget packages in your project by downloading our Nugets packages from the below link,

Please refer the below UG documentation link to know more about Nuget installation and Configuration

We have prepared a demo sample based on your requirement and it can be downloaded from below link,

Regards,
Devi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon