We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Workbook Name References

In simplified form, I have an Excel template file which consists of two worksheets.  If I put a value in the second worksheet which reads "=+Worksheet1!C10" I would like the cell on the second worksheet to display the same value as appears on Worksheet 1 in cell C10.  Unfortunately, however, when a new spreadsheet based on the two template worksheets is opened, my referencing cell, instead of showing the value that I want, displays an error. 

However, if I put the cursor in the status (data entry) textbox at the top of the worksheet and hit the enter key, this reference is resolved and the correct value is displayed.  

In reality, my template file contains many worksheets and I have many, many cross referenced cells which I would like to have automatically resolved/updated when the spreadsheet is opened. Expecting users to manually update these references is not a practical option.  Is there any way to achieve this programmatically?

3 Replies

IN Ishwarya Narayanan Syncfusion Team October 30, 2015 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We are unable reproduce the issue, so we have prepared a simple sample as per your scenario in the below link. Kindly modify the sample to reproduce the issue and let us know so as to proceed further and provide  a prompt solution at the earliest.

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/XlsIO_Sample1024628671.zip

Regards,

Ishwarya N

RJ Rilfanayasmin Jamal Nasar Syncfusion Team November 3, 2015 03:48 AM UTC

From: Calvin Schrotenboer [mailto:Calvin.Schrotenboer@fox.com]
Sent: 11/02/2015 09:04 AM
To: Syncfusion Support <support@syncfusion.com>
Subject: RE: Syncfusion support community forum 120962, Workbook Name References, has been updated.

Thanks for this message.

I built a very simplified sample to illustrate my problem but it did not have the same undesirable  result.  It will take some additional testing for me to either determine what is different/ wrong in our actual working application or to create a sample application which illustrates the problem. 

I will let you know regardless of which result I find.  Thanks. 

Cal

MM Mathu Mohan Vijayakumar Syncfusion Team November 3, 2015 05:06 AM UTC

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for updating us.

We will wait to hear from you.
Regards,
Mathu Mohan V A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon