We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is there a passwordTextBox in wpf?

Good Day,

Is there a passwordTextBox in wpf or can i make a maskedtextbox act like a passwordtextbox?

Thank you and More Power,

Regards,
Joshua Reyes

9 Replies

MA Muthukumar A Syncfusion Team October 30, 2015 04:59 AM UTC

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We regret to inform you that, there is no Microsoft's PasswordBox like control included in our library and with the current architecture of MaskedTextBox, it is not possible to change its behavior to PasswordBox.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Muthukumar A

NW Nyx Wallace August 12, 2016 01:24 PM UTC

Good Day,

I have the same problem, I need a MaskedTextBox with the same PasswordChar behavior of a PasswordTextBox or a PasswordTextBox who behave like a MaskedTextBox.

Is there a solution yet?

Thank you,
Antoine Farine

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team August 16, 2016 05:34 AM UTC

Hi Antoine, 

Currently we do not have password character support with MaskedTextBox control and also we don’t have any PasswordBox control. Already we have logged feature request for this. It will be included in any of our upcoming release. 

Regards, 
Mariappan S. 

SS Stefan Stolz July 21, 2017 06:47 AM UTC

Hi,

are there any news on this topic? 

Regard,

Stefan

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team July 24, 2017 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Stefan, 

Currently, we do not have immediate plan to implement the PasswordTextBox control in WPF. Based on priority, we will include this control in any of our upcoming releases. 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

NI Nikos June 6, 2018 03:31 PM UTC

Do we have any news about PasswordBox in Syncfusion?

GS Gokul Sainarayanan Syncfusion Team June 7, 2018 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Nikos,

We have checked for the implementation of Password box but since the Framework already contains a control PasswordBox, can you please let us know your additional requirements in addition to the MS PasswordBox control?

Based on this we will plan for the implementation of our Password box control.

Regards,
Gokul S

PA Pawel July 6, 2018 08:08 PM UTC

Hello,

I have additional requirements to new control PasswordBox :)
- Change · to other character * # etc :)
- Addotional option - No character on writing
- Watermark if empty
- Small button to show encrypted password

Thanks;)

SJ Sathiyathanam Jeyakumar Syncfusion Team July 10, 2018 08:55 AM UTC

Hi Pawel, 

Thanks for sharing the requirement details. We have updated the requirements for this new control request. Currently, we do not have immediate plan to implement the PasswordTextBox control in WPF. Based on priority, we will include this control in any of our upcoming releases.  

Regards, 
Sathiyathanam

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon