We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to detect a tap on a column and then display some info about it

Hi all,

I now have a chart working on IOS, Android and WP81, really liking the control so far. what I would like to be able to do is detect a user tapping on a column and then I want to display a tool tip style popup with some info on the column. My chart is a simple column series with a numeric Y axis. My chart is built in XMAL and data bound to a ModelView

Any help gratefully received,

Kieran

7 Replies

ME Manivannan Elangovan Syncfusion Team October 28, 2015 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are able to achieve your requirement by workaround using ChartTrackballBehavior and CustomRenderer for Andriod and WP81. For iOS, instead of Custom Renderer we have used CustomDelegate.

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement. Please download from the following location

Sample: Tooltip

Regards,
Manivannan.E

KP Kieran Pierce October 28, 2015 02:46 PM UTC

Thanks for this, having looked at it, will it not be possible to just use the trackball? can that be used on a column series? if so are there aany docs showing a simple trackball implementation in Xamarin fomrms again using XAML

ME Manivannan Elangovan Syncfusion Team October 29, 2015 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Kieran,

The Trackball behavior is used to show information on the nearest datapoint position, when hold and moving on the chart. We have prepared a sample with the column series and trackball in the XAML. Please download the sample from the following location.

Sample: TrackBall

Currently, we are working on UG documentation and it will be published at mid of November. We will let you know once it is updated.

Regards,
Manivannan.E

KP Kieran Pierce October 29, 2015 07:14 PM UTC

Manivannan,

thanks for the sample, I have tried it and i don't see a label, I may not understand what this should look like but was expecting a sort of label near where i tap?

could you help me out witch a screen shot of what I should see maybe using this sample?

Kieran

ME Manivannan Elangovan Syncfusion Team October 30, 2015 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Kieran,

Label will be shown on datapoint position, when touch and hold on the column segment. We have attached screen shot for your reference.

Screenshot: Screenshot

Regards,
Manivannan.E

KP Kieran Pierce October 30, 2015 02:39 PM UTC

Thanks, I can see it working now, thanks

ME Manivannan Elangovan Syncfusion Team November 2, 2015 11:04 AM UTC

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you have any query.

Regards,
Manivannan.E

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon