We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to remove unnecessary parts in Scheduler

I'd like to remove the month and days in the Schedule that I'm making. How can I remove those two?

20 Replies

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team October 27, 2015 04:24 AM UTC

Hi Jethro,

Could you please provide more information about your requirement? So that we can analyze on your requirement further and provide you a possible solution.

Regards

Vigneshkumar R

JE Jethro October 27, 2015 05:10 AM UTC

You see, the scheduler which is in weekly is like this
Example:
October 2015

Monday - 21Tuesday -22Wed - 23Thurs- 24

I would like to remove the month October and the corresponding days (21,22,23,24). I just need the Sunday to Saturday and i would like to replace October 25 there in the sample with a text

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team October 28, 2015 05:02 AM UTC

Hi Jethro,

As of now your requirement can be achieved by overriding the default template of HeaderTitleBarView and ScheduleDaysHeaderViewControl in schedule control. We have created a sample based on your requirement and please find the sample in the below link.

Sample Link: Scheudle_Header

Regards

Vigneshkumar R

JE Jethro October 29, 2015 05:34 AM UTC

Thanks Vigneshkumar, 

Can I also ask how to get the what day and time of the when you drag an appointment?

JE Jethro October 30, 2015 03:58 AM UTC

How can I remove the thing pointed in the attached file
Attachment: Schedule_be68be3a.rar

JM Jeyasri M Syncfusion Team October 31, 2015 02:46 PM UTC

Hi Jethro,

Regarding Query “To get the day and time of dragging appointment”

You can use AppointmentDragging and also AppointmentEndDragging event arguments to get the date and time detail of dragging appointment.

Please find the below code snippet to trigger Appointment dragging event in schedule.

Code Snippet:

schedule.AppointmentDragging += schedule_AppointmentDragging;

schedule.AppointmentEndDragging += schedule_AppointmentEndDragging;

void schedule_AppointmentDragging(object sender, Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Schedule.AppointmentDraggingEventArgs e)

{

var draggingFrom = e.From;

var draggingTo = e.To;

}

void schedule_AppointmentEndDragging(object sender, Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Schedule.AppointmentEndDraggingEventArgs e)

{

var draggingFrom = e.From;

var draggingTo = e.To;

}

Regarding Query “Removing default menu in SfSchedule”

You can use EnableTouch property to set radial menu in SfSchedule.

Please find below Code snippet to enable Radial menu.

Code Snippet:

<schedule:SfSchedule ScheduleType="Week" EnableTouch="True"  x:Name="schedule"/>

Regards,

Jeyasri M

JE Jethro November 2, 2015 01:57 AM UTC

Good Day Jeyasri,

I've created a customized Radial Menu which is based in the Sample Project of Schedule in the Syncfusion Dashboard which is initiated on right click event.

So if I Right click to the schedule my radial menu opens at the same time thing that in the picture also opens I want to get rid of it. The you said also opens another Radial menu. I would like to keep my radial menu as much as possible.

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team November 2, 2015 03:21 PM UTC

Hi Jethro,

As of now default context menu can be disabled by setting “ e.Cancel=true ” in ContextMenuOpening event. Please find the below code snippet for disabling the default context menu in schedule control.

C#

private void schedule_ContextMenuOpening(object sender, ContextMenuOpeningEventArgs e)

{

e.Cancel = true;

}

Regards

Vigneshkumar R

JE Jethro November 3, 2015 01:26 AM UTC

Thanks a lot it worked.

I have a issue about the one you recently helped me, the modification of Schedule Control.
It was okay but I noticed that It is selecting the day
Ex:
Its tuesday today so tuesday was selected. I would like to unselect the current day.

and How can I get  tuesday if the appointment selected is placed in tuesday. I can only get the time but I'm having a hard time getting the week days.

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team November 3, 2015 05:55 AM UTC

Hi jethro,

1. Unselect current day.

As of now your requirement can be achieved by changing the value of CurrentDateBackground and CurrentDateForeground property in the schedule control. Please find the below code snippet.

XAML

<
syncfusion:SfSchedule ScheduleType="Week"  CurrentDateBackground="White"

CurrentDateForeground
="Gray" x:Name="schedule" ></syncfusion:SfSchedule>

2. Getting selected appointment day.

As of now your requirement can be achieved by using ScheduleClick event in the schedule control. Please find the below code snippet for getting selected appointment day.

C#

void schedule_ScheduleClick(object sender, Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Schedule.ScheduleClickEventArgs e)

{

string SelectedAppointmentDay;

SelectedAppointmentDay = e.SelectedDate.Value.DayOfWeek.ToString();

}

Note
In the above code snippet we have used SelectedDate argument of ScheduleClick event to get the selected appointment day.

Regards

Vigneshkumar R.

JE Jethro November 13, 2015 10:33 AM UTC

Good day,
I have a question regarding to the overriding of the default template of the ScheduleDaysHeaderViewControl in schedule control, how can I remove the WeekEnd Parts?

NM Nijamudeen Mohamed Sulaiman Syncfusion Team November 16, 2015 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Jethro,

Based on the provided information, we suspect that your requirement is to hide the WeekEnd Days (NonWorkingDays). As of now your requirement can be achieved by setting the NonWorkingDays property in the schedule control. Please find the below code snippet and UG link below.

XAML

<
syncfusion:SfSchedule ScheduleType="Week" NonWorkingDays=”Sunday, Saturday”  x:Name="schedule" ></syncfusion:SfSchedule>

UG: http://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfschedule/non-working-hours#non-working-days-of-week

Please let us know, if you have any query.

Regards

Nijamudeen M.

JE Jethro November 16, 2015 10:33 AM UTC

It seems that the provided solution that you suggested didn't work out. I want to hide the Day of week, Sunday in the Schedule. Is it possible? Thanks :)

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team November 17, 2015 02:37 PM UTC

Hi Jethro,

Based on the provided information we suspect that your requirement is to remove the week end header. We have prepared sample to remove the week header and please find the sample in the below link.

Sample Link:
Scheudle_Header

Note:

In the above sample we have used below code snippet to modify the week header.

public class DateToDayFormat : IValueConverter

{

public object Convert(object value, Type targetType, object parameter, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)

{

string format ;

var header =  value as ScheduleDaysHeaderViewControl;

if (header.DateTime.Date.DayOfWeek == DayOfWeek.Sunday || header.DateTime.Date.DayOfWeek == DayOfWeek.Saturday)

{

format = "   ";

return format;

}

else

{

format = "dddd";

return format;

}

}

public object ConvertBack(object value, Type targetType, object parameter, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)

{

throw new NotImplementedException();

}

}

If the provided solution does not satisfy your requirement, Could you please provide more information about your requirement, So that we can analyze on your requirement further and provide you a possible solution?

Regards

Vigneskumar R

JE Jethro November 23, 2015 06:58 AM UTC

There's an error when I call the <local:DateToDayFormat /> in xaml

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team November 24, 2015 09:42 AM UTC

Hi Jethro,

We are unable to reproduce the mentioned issue in the attached sample which is updated previously. Could you please modify attached sample to reproduce the issue and revert us back? So that we can analyze on the issue further and provide you a possible solution.

Regards

Vigneshkumar R

JE Jethro December 8, 2015 06:45 AM UTC

How can I disable the the user to resize the appointment programmatically and automatic without using read-only

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team December 9, 2015 04:29 AM UTC

Hi Jethro,

As of now your requirement of disable the appointment resizing programmatically can be achieved by using the AppointmentStartResizing event in the schedule control. In AppointmentStartResizing event by setting “e.Cancel=true” we can stop the appointment resizing. We have used below code snippet to stop the appointment resizing.

C#:

schedule.AppointmentStartResizing += schedule_AppointmentStartResizing;

void schedule_AppointmentStartResizing(object sender, AppointmentStartResizingEventArgs e)

{

e.Cancel = true;

}

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards

Vigneshkumar R

JE Jethro December 19, 2015 02:40 AM UTC

Hello again, Last time, I asked you to prevent the showing of contextmenu. Is it possible to make a window type tooltip if the two Appointments time conflicted?

NM Nijamudeen Mohamed Sulaiman Syncfusion Team December 21, 2015 10:13 AM UTC

Hi Jethro,

As of now don’t have any direct support to display window type tooltip when two appointments conflicts. But your requirement can be achieved by comparing the StartTime and EndTime of appointments in AppointmentCollection of SfSchedule. We have prepared a simple sample for this. Please find the sample below.

Sample link: Schedule_ToolTip_Sample_WPF

If the provided Sample does not meet your requirement, could you please modify the provided sample along with its reproducing procedure? It will be helpful for us to analyze on your requirement and provide you a possible solution.

Please let us know, if you have any query.

Regards,
Nijamudeen M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon