We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DocumentEditor targeting .net 3.5 crashes with System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException

hy,
i opened the DocumentEditor_2013 demo solution.
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\13.3.0.7\WPF\SfRichTextBoxAdv.WPF\Samples\DocumentEditor
it compiles and runs ok.

then i changed Application -> TargetFramework to .NET Framework 3.5
then i changed Build -> Conditional compilation symbols to Framework3_5

when i now compile and run the app, i get the following error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException' occurred in PresentationFramework.dll
Additional information: 'Cut' value cannot be assigned to property 'Name' of object 'System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem'. Names not supported under ResourceDictionary scope.  Error at object 'Cut'.
If there is a handler for this exception, the program may be safely continued.

similarily, when i just add the following to a fresh .net 3.5 wpf application:

<syncfusion:SfRichTextBoxAdv x:Name="rtb" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="10,10,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="300" Width="497"/>

the program crashes with the same message. what is wrong?

2 Replies

RR Robert Rostek October 26, 2015 10:52 PM UTC

i found a solution by looking at the stickynotes sample - adding context menu handlers to the XAML solved it:

<Syncfusion:SfRichTextBoxAdv x:Name="rtb" Margin="5" LayoutType="Continuous" EnableMiniToolBar="False" OverridesDocumentBackground="False" Foreground="#000000">

<Syncfusion:SfRichTextBoxAdv.ContextMenu>

<ContextMenu>

<MenuItem Header="Cut" Command="Syncfusion:SfRichTextBoxAdv.CutCommand"/>

<MenuItem Header="Copy" Command="Syncfusion:SfRichTextBoxAdv.CopyCommand"/>

<MenuItem Header="Paste" Command="Syncfusion:SfRichTextBoxAdv.PasteCommand"/>

</ContextMenu>

</Syncfusion:SfRichTextBoxAdv.ContextMenu>

</Syncfusion:SfRichTextBoxAdv>

NS Narendran Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 27, 2015 07:01 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

A support incident has been created under your account to tract the status of your requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Regards,
Narendran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon