We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hyperlink based on another cell

Hi there,

I am trying to add a column/cell at the end of the grid columns to provide a hyperlink based on let's say ID of the record (e.g "<a rel='nofollow' href='/Project?ProjectID=1'>Details</a>")

I have seen few posts regarding links within Grid, but unable to put something together, any assistance on this would be highly appreciated.

I am using MVC 5 / syncfusion version 13.3.0.7

Regards
Prasanthan

3 Replies

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team October 26, 2015 05:28 AM UTC

Hi Prasanthan,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We can place Hyperlink in a Grid column using the Column template feature of the grid. The template to a particular column can be provided by using Template and TemplateID properties of the column. Please refer the following code snippets.

@(Html.EJ().Grid<object>("ColumnTemplate")

.Columns(col =>

{

col.Field("OrderID").HeaderText("Order ID").Width(90).Add();

col.HeaderText("Employee HyperLink").Template(true).TemplateID("#columnTemplate")       .TextAlign(TextAlign.Center).Width(110).Add();

})

)

<script type="text/x-jsrender" id="columnTemplate">

@*In the template column we can get the values of corresponding row.*@

<a rel='nofollow' href='/Project/?Id={{:OrderID}}'> Details</a>

</script>

For your convenience we have created a sample that can be downloadable from the following link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120871/ze/EJGrid295300443

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

PR Prasanth October 26, 2015 06:48 AM UTC

Hi Alan

Thanks for that :-) will try it and if there are any issues will post a message

Regards
Prasanthan

SA Saravanan Arunachalam Syncfusion Team October 27, 2015 04:09 AM UTC

Hi Prasanthan,

Thanks for your update.          

We will wait to hear from you.

Regards,