We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ODataV4Adaptor and property enableCaching

Hi,
I need some clarification about the property EnableCaching.

Following what I would do:
  • A DataManager that uses ODataV4Adaptor to talk with my v4 OData endpoint (using ASP.NET Web API 2.2)
  • Enable caching to cache multiple page and to reduce multiple request to the server
I have therefore chosen to use the property EnableCaching.

In this way, however, the grid use the CacheAdaptor rather then the adaptor set in ejDataManager control.
This means that all calls to my OData endpoint v4 pass through CacheAdaptor, which produces OData incompatible requests (for example, an update request produces a POST instead of a PUT or PATCH); this means that it is called the wrong Web API action.

Is there a way to enable caching maintaining the original adaptor behavior?

Thanks,
Roberto

1 Reply

BM Balaji Marimuthu Syncfusion Team October 26, 2015 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Roberto, 

We considered this “CRUD operation support for DataCaching with odata Adaptor” as an usability feature and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents 

Regards, 

Balaji Marimuthu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon