We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfautoComplete

Hello,

I've got 2 SfAutoComplete controls on the form.

I want this behavior: when I select an item from the dropdownlist of autoComplete 1, I want to load the autocompletesource for autocomplete2 with the value from autocomplete1 as a filter.
How can I accomplish that?

Regards,

6 Replies

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team October 16, 2015 09:52 AM UTC

Hi Alec,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

In AutoComplete control directly we cannot link the DataSources for achieving the required behavior. Alternately in sample we can workaround by assigning the DataSource to the other AutoCompleteTextBox based on the text selected in the first AutoComplete, by handling the TextChanged event.

Regards,
Hemalatha M.

AL Alec October 16, 2015 11:11 AM UTC

Thank you for your answer, can you provide me an example ? I can't get the event fired.

Regards

AL Alec October 16, 2015 11:53 AM UTC

Sorry I've got it working, (typo) thank you for your time.

autocomplete1.Delegate = new AutoCompleteDelegate ();  

public class AutoCompleteDelegate : Syncfusion.SfAutoComplete.iOS.AutoCompleteDelegate
    {
        public override void DidValueChange (SFAutoComplete SFAutoComplete, string value)
        {

}

public override void DidTextChange (SFAutoComplete SFAutoComplete, string value)
        {

}
    }

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team October 19, 2015 04:38 AM UTC

Hi Alec,

Thanks for the update.

We are glad that you have achieved your requirement.

Please let us know if you have any query.

Regards,
Hemalatha M.

AV Artem Voronov February 3, 2016 07:40 AM UTC

Hello,

I haven't got DidValueChange method in Syncfusion.SfAutoComplete.iOS.AutoCompleteDelegate, only DidChangeValue(string forKey). And it's doesn't fire when i select new values. 
I use latest version of Syncfusion.SfAutoComplete.iOS.dll. 
How can i detect value changing? 

Regards

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team February 4, 2016 08:53 AM UTC

Hi Alec,

We were able to reproduce the problem and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents  

Please let me know if you have any query.

Regards,
Hemalatha M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon