We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tag Cloud Link

Hi Guys,

I would like to know how can i make the link in the tag cloud to open in the same browser window instead of opening the link in a new window or new tab by default.

thanks

Regards

Shonk

5 Replies

RM Ragunath M Syncfusion Team October 15, 2015 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Shonk,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Query: How to open the link in the tag cloud in same window?

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end in ASP.NET MVC Classic platform. From the query we suspect that you are using ASP.NET MVC, which reproduces the reported scenario.

In case you are using ASP.NET MVC, we suggest you to use the following workaround which replaces all the anchor tags(<a>) attribute value with in the tag cloud.

<code>

[CSHTML]

@Html.EJ().TagCloud("techWebList").Datasource((IEnumerable<WebsiteCollection>)ViewBag.datasource).TagCloudFields(tag => tag.Text("text").Url("url").Frequency("frequency")).Title("Tech Sites").ClientSideEvents(evt => evt.Create("oncreate"))

[Script]

function oncreate() {

$("#techWebList").find("a.e-txt").attr("target""_self");

}

</code>  
If you are using ASP.NET MVC Classic and can reproduce the issue at your end, please check whether any additional changes have occurred at your end. Else, share the sample with the replication procedure with us. We are happy to help you.

Regards,
Ragunath M

SY SK Yong October 15, 2015 03:27 PM UTC

Hi Ragunath ,

I have made a mistake. It is the tag cloud in aspnet mvc that has problem.

Your code has enabled me to reload the tag cloud link in the same page. But after a few reloads, I encounter another error which happens in firefox 39.0. The rest of the dropdown control in the same page return the ReferenceError: ej is not defined error.

May I know how can I solve this issue ?

Thanks

Regards

Shonk

SS Saranya Sivakumar Syncfusion Team October 19, 2015 04:06 AM UTC

Hi Shonk,

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue (“After few reload in Tagcloud, throws ReferenceError: ej is not defined error in Mozilla browser 39.0 version.”).While clicking the Tagcloud link, it reloads in same page but it doesn’t throws any error. We have prepared a sample and it can be downloaded under the following location,

Sample: 
Sample

Please check with the above sample and if the problem still persists, then revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure. 

Also, we have attached the KB link for this issue “ej is not defined”. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/5091/why-do-i-get-javascript-error-of-ej-undefined-while-running-an-application-with-syncfusion-controls

Regards,

Saranya S

SY SK Yong October 19, 2015 06:52 PM UTC

SS Saranya Sivakumar Syncfusion Team October 20, 2015 05:17 AM UTC

Hi Shonk,

We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. Kindly get back to us if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Saranya.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon