We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Applying theme from WPF Theme Studio

Trying to figure out the purpose of creation of WPF Theme Studio. How can I apply modified VisualStudio2013 Theme to my controls?

Thank you in advance

5 Replies

MV Mohana V Syncfusion Team October 14, 2015 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

We can use WPF Theme Studio only for customizing the themes in Syncfusion controls. As of now we have not provided support to customize custom controls.

Regards,
Mohana V

KB Konstantin Brownstein October 14, 2015 03:27 PM UTC

Mohana,

I've meant how can I apply theme created with theme manager (especially this: VisualStudio2013) to wpf syncfusion controls?

Thank you in advance!

MV Mohana V Syncfusion Team October 15, 2015 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Konstantin,

Currently there is no online documentation which showcases how to use Theme studio and we will let you know once we updated document and refreshed in online.

Regards,
Mohana V

KB Konstantin Brownstein October 15, 2015 12:25 PM UTC

I'm able to see generated XML file with code, but what's the purpose of the product then? Do syncfusion updated it's theme base? How can I use VS2013 theme?

MV Mohana V Syncfusion Team October 16, 2015 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Konstantin,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Query 1: "How can I use VS2013 theme from Theme Studio?"

The generated xaml theme file from Theme Studio is a resource dictionary of respective controls and needs to be merged with application resources to apply VS2013 theme style for respective control.

Snippet:

<Application.Resources>
<ResourceDictionary>
<ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
<ResourceDitionary Source="Control.xaml"/>
</ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
</ResourceDictionary>
</Application.Resources>

We have created simple sample for "Radial Menu" control with the customized VisualStudio2013 theme generated using ThemeStudio.

Please find sample from the below link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Radial_Menu_Demo_Themes-1226973069

You can refer to the following KB link to get further details about how to use Theme studio themes:

http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/5483/how-to-generate-a-theme-using-wpf-theme-studio

Query 2: "Do syncfusion updated it's theme base?"

Yes. We have added various set of updated theme styles like Metro, Blend, Office 2010, Office 2013 and VisualStudio2013 themes. We can use SfSkinManager to apply this theme styles, which is available from our Volume 2, 2015. We have created a Radial Menu sample using SfSKinManager and Themes.VisualStudio2013.WPF for reference.

Please find the sample from below location,

Sample link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Radial_Menu_Demo-321995291

In this sample we have used SfSkinManager with following code snippet.

SfSkinManager.SetVisualStyle(this,VisualStyles.VisualStudio2013);

Regards,
Mohana V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon