We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

What is maximum record ej grid can handle

I am using synchfusion grid with angular js 

can i know what is maximum number of row allow in grid with better performance

If I want to test with  6000 records will synchfusion performance will allow me ?

1 Reply

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team October 9, 2015 03:34 PM UTC

Hi Bharat

We analyzed your requirement, and we have created a sample in Essential Studio Javascript with 6,000 rows and 5 columns.

Please refer to the table for performance of Grid in various browsers.

Action
Time in Milliseconds (Firefox)
Time in Milliseconds (Chrome browser)
Time in Milliseconds (IE11)
Initial Load with normal scrolling
~3395
~3489
~20662
Initial load with virtual scrolling
~81
~81
~226

The grid performance largely depends on the number of cells being rendered. So the performance is proportional to both the number of columns and number of rows. The maximum number of records the grid can handle with better performance is 15,000 rows and 5 columns.

Action
Time in Milliseconds (Firefox)
Time in Milliseconds (Chrome browser)
Time in Milliseconds (IE11)
Initial Load with normal scrolling
~8422
~6552
~53851

We can use “Virtual Scrolling” Grid feature to increase the performance of the grid upon binding large data to grid. With Virtual Scrolling enabled, only the data corresponding to the requested page will be loaded i.e., load on demand. So the grid load performance will be enhanced. Please find the online sample link for Virtual scrolling below.

http://js.syncfusion.com/demos/web/#!/azure/grid/paging/virtualpaging 

But we have provided only limited support to Virtual Scrolling. The following list of Grid feature will not work when Virtual Scrolling enabled.
· Editing
· Frozen rows and columns
· Cell Merging
· Responsive Grid
· Grouping
· Detail Template and Hierarchy Grid

We have already added it to our feature request list. So if you are in need to use those above listed features then we suggest you to use Pager in Grid control that supports “on-demand paging”.

For your convenience, we have attached the sample and it can be downloaded from the following location:

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120722/ze/AngularJS_Sample1388821958

Regards,
Ragavee U S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon