We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Navigation Button causes SelectionChanged event

Hi,
in UWP, if I click/tap on NavigationButton of my SfCalendar, I Obtain a SelectionChanged event.

<input:SfCalendar Grid.Row="3" ShowNavigationButton="True"

Margin="10" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Left"

x:Name="calendar"

SelectionChanged="calendar_SelectionChanged">

</input:SfCalendar>

Why?

5 Replies

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team September 30, 2015 08:33 AM UTC

Hi Claudio,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

In our SfCalendar control, when we navigate to next month view, first date of the current month will get selected. Due to this, the SelectionChanged event is called. This is expected behavior of SfCalendar control. Could please provide more information about your requirement it would be helpful for us to provide you better solution.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Mariappan S. 

CL Claudio September 30, 2015 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Mariappan,

In the SfCalendar Universal version (Win 8.1) its behavior is different; the event is NOT called when I click on the Navigation Buttons. (I'm using the same code!)

However, I would like to understand how to intercept ONLY the event click/tap on every single date.

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team October 1, 2015 01:24 PM UTC

Hi Claudio,

We have checked the SfCalendar behavior in both UWP and WinRT platform. In this the calendar SelectionChanged  event gets triggered while changing the the month view. We have prepared a workaround sample in this sample we have maintained the boolean variable named IsnavigationButtonpressed to check the event is triggered by changing month view or change the selected date.

Please download the sample from the below link.

Sample link: SfCalendar_UWP

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Mariappan S.

CL Claudio October 1, 2015 03:14 PM UTC

Hi Mariappan,

The example work well, thanks!

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team October 2, 2015 03:35 AM UTC

Hi Claudio,

Thank you for your update

Please let us know if you need any other assistance

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

Loader.