We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

LineSeries with double.NaN values and ShowEmptyPoints = false - serious runaway memory problem

Hi.
We're using the SfChart lib extensively in our product and are experiencing serious problems since upgrading to UWP.

The product draws multiple series in a chart. Most of the series rely on double.NaN points and the ShowEmptyPoints set to false in order to present gaps in the lines. When doing this in the UWP lib the client's used memory grows exponential to several hundreds of megabytes and the entire UI freezes. Setting the ShowEmptyPoints to true removes the crash, but this is not an accepted solution for us since it doesn't create gaps between lines (it draws the gaps as zero-value points).

I've created a repo that illustrates the bug. Please find attached zip file.

Can you verify that this is a bug?

Would appreciate an ETA on when you think this will be fixed. This is problem is holding back our release.

The SfDataGrid (which is not available yet) and the SfChart components are the sole reason for using Syncfusion library.

Regards,
Gustav

Attachment: SfChartBugRepo_9cdce814.zip

5 Replies

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team October 1, 2015 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Gustav,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue in the latest version. Can you please upgrade to the latest version.

Regards,
Rachel. A

GS Gustav Skoglund October 1, 2015 12:48 PM UTC

I am running the latest version.

Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Extension SDKs\SyncfusionUniversalWindows\13.2.0.39\
Version: 13.2.0.39

Are you using this version? Are you running me repo-project?

Gustav

GS Gustav Skoglund October 1, 2015 12:48 PM UTC

Just noticed you released a new version today.

I'll try it right away.

Gustav

GS Gustav Skoglund October 1, 2015 03:02 PM UTC

Hi again.
This bug is resolved in the new version (13.3.0.7).

Thanks!
Gustav

SJ Sumathi Jayaraj Syncfusion Team October 2, 2015 07:26 AM UTC

Hi Gustav,

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know if you have any query.

Regards,
Sumathi J

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon