We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Diagram with different layout for each level

Is it possible to create a diagram in which every "level" has a (different) layout diagram?
I would like to have a kind of union/composition of different layout diagrams type. 
For example, I would like to create a diagram in which I have a Radial Tree Layout, and the center node of my radial diagram, it's connected itself to another diagram, for example a DirectedTreeLayout.
Or, for example, each node of the (second) level of the Radial Tree Layout is itself, the first level of others DirectedTreeLayouts.

Like in the attached pics.

Thanks

Attachment: Diagrams_bb790cd2.zip

6 Replies

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team September 24, 2015 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Ivan,

We have forwarded your requirement to our development team for further analysis and will update you with more details on 25th September,2015.

Regards,
Shyam G

IV Ivan September 24, 2015 01:32 PM UTC

Thanks!

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team September 25, 2015 08:35 AM UTC

Hi Ivan,

In order to achieve your requirement, please use LayoutManager’s “Nodes.AddRange” method to create range of nodes and apply layout for that nodes only. Please refer to the below code example and sample.

Code example:

[C#]

RadialTreeLayoutManager radialLayout = new RadialTreeLayoutManager();

radialLayout.Model = diagram2.Model;

radialLayout.Nodes.Clear();

radialLayout.Nodes.AddRange(nodes);

this.diagram2.LayoutManager = radialLayout;

this.diagram2.LayoutManager.UpdateLayout(nodes);

Sample:

Sample

Regards,

Naganathan K G

IV Ivan September 26, 2015 08:21 AM UTC

The example seems to not working very well.
when you define the 3 (different) layout, only the last one seems to be conisdered. 

For example, You wrote:
            RadialLayouting(directed1);
            DirectedLayouting(directed2);
            DirectedLayouting(directed3);
And all the nodes are disposed in a general DirectedLayoutDiagram. (the radial has not been created).

On the other hand, if I change in this way:
            DirectedLayouting(directed1);
            DirectedLayouting(directed2);
            RadialLayouting(directed3);
Everything become a general Radial Diagram. And no other diagram type are considered.
The idea of applying different layout to a different range is node is the one I searched for. 
But, actually, it doesn't work.

Am I considering something wrong?
Thanks

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team September 28, 2015 01:10 PM UTC

Hi Ivan,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused.

We are working on this with high priority and we will update you with more information in one business day on 29th September 2015.

Regards,

Naganathan K G

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team September 29, 2015 04:44 AM UTC

Hi Ivan,

We have modified the sample to achieve your requirement. Please refer to the below sample.

Sample:

Sample

Regards,

Naganathan K G

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon