We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Replace the Y axis label to new one

Is there a way to replace the Y axis label to a new label like below?
Or is there a way to get the labels points on Y Axis but hidden, then I can have a new label add at the same points

Original: 1,        2,         3,       4
New:     Bad, Not OK, OK, Good

Thanks,
Xiaopeng

8 Replies

MK Magesh Kumar Krishnan Syncfusion Team September 21, 2015 06:06 AM UTC

Hi Xiaopeng,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We can achieve the requirement by using the LabelCreated event of ChartAxis. Please refer to the sample from the following location.

Sample : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120298/ze/ChartSample_CustomLabel261083821  

Regards,
Magesh Kumar K

XQ Xiaopeng Qi September 21, 2015 07:26 PM UTC

Thanks Magesh, it works!

XQ Xiaopeng Qi September 21, 2015 11:38 PM UTC

One more question, is it possible to put the new Label in between ticks? It looks only CategoryAxis has property LabelPlacement, but not for NumericAxis. Thanks!

ME Manivannan Elangovan Syncfusion Team September 22, 2015 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Xiaopeng,

In Our SFChart, we don’t have support for the LabelPlacement in NumericalAxis. Since it is a range bases axis, the label will be placed only in its equivalent YAxis value. Please provide more information on your requirement. It will be helpful to try to provide a solution for your requirement.

Regards,
Manivannan.E

XQ Xiaopeng Qi September 22, 2015 06:10 PM UTC

Please check the chart screenshot I attached (ss_f71f85aa.7z). 

Basically, I would like Y axis shows (Bad, Not Ok, OK, Good), X axis shows time with format "HH AM/PM" (this is my issue too to get the exact format, only test "HH" works for LabelFormat, do you also have solution on this?)

Attachment: ss_f71f85aa.7z

ME Manivannan Elangovan Syncfusion Team September 23, 2015 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Xiaopeng,

We are able to achieve your XAxis requirement by setting the DateTimeAxis LabelFormat value as “hh a” for android ,iOS and “hh tt” for WP.

For Yaxis requirment, we can show the custom labels (Bad, Not OK, Ok, Good) but it doesn’t have support to place the labels in between ticks. Instead of that, we have used Striplines. Striplines are used to differentiate the ranges of axes

We have attached the sample for your reference. Please find the sample from the following location.

Sample: ChartSample

Regards,
Manivannan.E

XQ Xiaopeng Qi September 24, 2015 09:14 PM UTC

Thanks for the solution. It works!

ME Manivannan Elangovan Syncfusion Team September 25, 2015 05:12 AM UTC

Hi Xiaopeng,

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you have any query.

Regards,
Manivannan.E

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon