We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

COMException

Hi,
I'm using the SfTreeNavigator in a Windows 10 Universal app. The app starts up fine but it frequently throws an unhandled COM exception when an item is clicked. The crash appears random as sometimes an item will click OK and sometimes not. Here is the error stack.
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.ItemsControl.get_ItemTemplate()
at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Controls.Navigation.SfTreeNavigator.NavigateItem(SfTreeNavigatorItem treeitem)
at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Controls.Navigation.SfTreeNavigator.Select(Object item)
at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Controls.Navigation.SfTreeNavigator.OnSelectionChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at Syncfusion.UI.Xa
Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Geoff

7 Replies

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team September 18, 2015 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Geoff,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

We have prepared a sample based on your update but we are unable to reproduce reported issue at our end.

Kindly download the sample and video from the below link

Sample link:SfTreeNavigatorSample(1)

Video link:Video

Can you please check the updated sample and video and provide more information about the reported issue? It would be helpful for us to provide you the better solution at the earliest.

Please let us know if you have any other concern,

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

GC Geoff Cornwell September 18, 2015 10:36 AM UTC

Hi,

I've had a look at the attached solution. It looks like I need an updated dll. My solution is using 13.2.0.34 whereas the example is version 13.3.0.5. Could you tell me where I can find the updated dll?

Thanks,

Geoff

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team September 21, 2015 05:44 AM UTC

Hi Geoff,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

We have checked our last updated sample with the version 13.2.0.34. But we are still unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end.

Please find the sample from the following link:
Sample link:SfTreeNavigatorSample

Could you please check our sample and provide more information about the reported issue? So that it would be helpful for us to proceed further on this.

Please let us know if you have any other concern

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

GC Geoff Cornwell September 22, 2015 09:23 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I have been able to get your sample to work but I am still having problems with my code. The two major differences I can see between the implementations are the way that I am creating the data template and my view model. I am creating a hierarchical model that is deeper than the two levels in your model. Please see my attached solution for details. Is it possible to display data modelled this way or do I need to define a fixed depth?

Many thanks,

Geoff

Attachment: SfTreeSample_ebbc38e5.zip

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team September 24, 2015 04:42 AM UTC

Hi Geoff,

We were able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Mariappan S

ST Stergios October 2, 2015 03:57 PM UTC

I've got exactly the same problem and I can see the same error stack.

Can you please provide any additional information regarding the solution to this problem?

I'm also using the HierarchicalDataTemplate.

Thanks 

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team October 5, 2015 12:54 PM UTC

Hi Stergios,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support

We have already logged a defect report regarding the reported issue and we will include this fix in our upcoming service pack Volume 3 SP1 release which will be available at the end of October 2015.

Please let us know if you need any other assistance

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon