We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfBusyIndicator working in UWP ?

Hi,
I'm able to use the sfChart controls in a UWP solution.
When I try to use the sfBusyIndicator in the same solution, I got the error below when launching the app.
I also tried the sample_browser2015 but couldn't find a use of sfBusyIndicator in it. Is it intended ?
Best regards,

An exception of type 'Windows.UI.Xaml.Markup.XamlParseException' occurred in PVMonitorUWP.exe but was not handled in user code

WinRT information: Failed to assign to property 'Windows.UI.Xaml.ResourceDictionary.Source' because the type 'Windows.Foundation.String' cannot be assigned to the type 'Windows.Foundation.Uri'. [Line: 268 Position: 20]

Additional information: The text associated with this error code could not be found.

Failed to assign to property 'Windows.UI.Xaml.ResourceDictionary.Source' because the type 'Windows.Foundation.String' cannot be assigned to the type 'Windows.Foundation.Uri'. [Line: 268 Position: 20]

7 Replies

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team September 17, 2015 06:31 AM UTC

Hi Jean,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We were able to reproduce the issue in SfBusyIndicator control and have logged a defect report for this. The Sample for SfBusyIndicator in SampleBrowser and fix for this issue will be included in our upcoming main release volume 3 which is scheduled in the end of September, 2015.

Regards,
Jessie

JL Jean Lapie October 31, 2015 09:01 PM UTC

Hi,
I tried with the last version (13.3.0.7) and I still cannot get it to work.
Is it fixed ?

Best regards,

MA Muthukumar A Syncfusion Team November 2, 2015 06:42 AM UTC

Hi Jean,

The issue with SfBusyIndicator has been fixed and we are unable to reproduce the issue in 13.3.0.7. We have created a sample using SfBusyIndicator. You can download the sample from below location.

Sample link:
BusyIndicator_sample_UWP

Please let us know if the sample helps or if you are still facing the issue?

Regards,
Muthukumar A

JL Jean Lapie November 4, 2015 09:45 PM UTC

Hi,
Thank you for the sample.
I tried to run it, you referenced syncfusion.sfbusyindicator.uwp.dll + input + shared.
I searched on my harddrive and could only see the same files but with .universal insteal of .uwp.
I have the Essential Studio Enterprise Edition 13.3.0.7 (community License). Are the UWP controls included ?

Best regards,

MA Muthukumar A Syncfusion Team November 5, 2015 07:34 AM UTC

Hi Jean,

Thank you for the update.

UWP controls won’t be included while installing Essential Studio (any license) and we have to install it separately. Please install UWP build from below link,

https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/version-history/13_3_0_7

Please let us know if you further assistance on this.

Regards,
Muthukumar A

JL Jean Lapie November 13, 2015 07:19 AM UTC

Ooops yes, my fault, sorry.
Thank you, it is now  working !

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team November 13, 2015 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Jean,

We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Please let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards,
Jessie

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon