We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RichTextBoxAdv not building/loading in XAML view

Hello,

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to add the RichTextBoxAdv control into my UWP project. I have the following added as references in my project: SfRichTextBoxAdv.Universal, Syncfusion.DocIO.Universal, Syncfusion.SfRadialMenu.Universal, and Syncfusion.SfShared.Universal. My namespace:     xmlns:richTextBoxAdv="using:Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.RichTextBoxAdv" and my code is simply:

<Grid Background="{ThemeResource ApplicationPageBackgroundThemeBrush}">
        <richTextBoxAdv:SfRichTextBoxAdv x:Name="richTextBoxAdv" ManipulationMode="All" />
    </Grid>

I get the following error in my xaml view, and every time I refresh the view, I still get this error message:

What am I missing? I've downloaded Essential Studio Version 13.2.0.39.

I've tried running the samples, and loaded DocumentEditor.xaml from the RTE folder in the SampleBrowser_2015 solution, but still encounter the error message above. Additionally, the code won't build for the SampleBrowser_2015 solution.

Any insight will be very much appreciated.

1 Reply

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team September 17, 2015 04:22 AM UTC

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We were able to reproduce the mentioned issue with error thrown on loading SfRichTextBoxAdv UWP control in designer. This has been fixed and will be included in our next main release Essential Studio 2015 Volume 3, which is expected to be available at the end of September 2015. We will let you know once the release has been rolled out.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon