We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DataGrid control

Hello, I'm evaluating the use of a DataGrid (target platform is iOS and Android) and I see that the component in the samples is marked as PREVIEW.
What does preview exactly mean? is it ready to be used in a production environment?
I'd like to be able to have frozen columns (I've seen I can do them withFrozenColumnsCount).
I'd like the Grouping header to behave as in Section headers of regular iOS Tableviews; I haven't found a way to keep them fixed below the header row while scrolling down the rows; is there a way to do it?
Thank you,
Alberto

3 Replies

HN Harikrishnan N Syncfusion Team September 15, 2015 11:00 AM UTC

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for checking out our latest version of Xamarin Essential DataGrid. The Xamarin DataGrid is optimized very well to achieve the best performance in the Xamarin.Android & iOS platforms with the required basic feature sets.

We are working on much more needed feature like PullToRefresh, LoadMore and Exporting to Excel. This is the only reason it is marked as "Preview". The preview tag will be removed in our upcoming volume 3 release.

As you said you can use the SfDataGrid.FrozenColumnsCount property to freeze the columns in view.

To keep rows fixed below the Header row while scrolling, you need to set the SfDataGrid.FrozenRowsCount property. The number of rows specified to this property will be frozen in view.  

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,
Harikrishnan

AL Alberto September 15, 2015 12:40 PM UTC

Thank you for your reply.
My need is to have grouping headers to behave just as sections on tableviews: as the user scrolls up the table, the section header stops at the top of the table until the next section reaches the top, and then it moves up letting the new section header stop at the top of the table.
Alberto

HN Harikrishnan N Syncfusion Team September 17, 2015 03:53 AM UTC

Hi Alberto,

We would like to inform you that we have logged this as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between our main volume releases and we will have our service pack releases in every month. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates:

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you have any question about this.

Regards,
Harikrishnan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon