We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

FilterBarCell and GridCell with dynamic autocomplete based on what you write

Hi i need to fill the filter bar cell and grid cell autocomplete based on a server query. When i write something in the cell the query will provide me the values for the autocomplete list. I dont know the list of data at the begin edit. the data changes on every chenge to the text inside the cell.

I have tried overriding processCmdKey, Keypress, Keyvalue, but once i change the autocomplete data the cell don't accept any charater, it write nothing and no autocomplete is shown

I need this for many reason. the main one is to use the filter as a Fetch Data Filter (grid is empty, i only provided the schema before loading data)

It's very crucial for me to know if this is possible. Would love to receive help from support.

thank you

1 Reply

AK Adhikesevan Kothandaraman Syncfusion Team September 5, 2015 03:52 PM UTC

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

If you want to set the Filterbar cell with the autocomplete in edit mode, it can be achieved by setting the FilterBarCell.DropDownStyle value as GridDropDownStyle.AutoComplete. it will shows the suggestion with the selection on the FilterBar cell.

Code Snippet:

//To enable the autocomplete in the FilterBar cell

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Appearance.FilterBarCell.DropDownStyle = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDropDownStyle.AutoComplete;

Sample:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120135/ze/AutoCompleteFilter1767284830

Regards,
Adhi.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon