We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TabControlExt Memory leak

Hi,

I am using TabControlExt with 2 tab items in my application. I got the below memory leak only when I switch between tabs and close the tabconrol.

System.Object[]
Syncfusion.Windows.Tools.Controls.TabControlExt
System.Windows.EffectiveValueEntry[]

Please find the attached project solution and kindly let me know what is the issue with TabControlExt when we switch between the tabs.

Thanks,
Swamy.

Attachment: WpfApplication1_11a7fd9b.zip

7 Replies

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team September 2, 2015 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Swamy,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue with TabControlExt in our latest version "13.2.0.34". Could you please provide your current product version details, so that it would be very helpful for us proceed on this.

Please let us know if you have any other concern,

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

SW Swamy September 2, 2015 02:40 PM UTC

We are using version 11.4400.0.26 and used the WinDebug to find the memory leaks.

Please provide the update on this issue with the above version.

Thanks,
SWAMY

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team September 3, 2015 06:31 AM UTC

Hi Swamy,

Thank you for your update,

We were able to reproduce the reported issue with TabControlExt in the version 11.4400.0.26 and we have fixed this issue internally in our source. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

RG Rajesh Gunnam January 28, 2016 11:37 AM UTC

I'm facing similar issue of memory leak using 13.4.0.53. Please provide fix.

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team January 29, 2016 11:34 AM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue "Memory leak in TabControlExt" with 13.4.0.53 version. We have prepared a sample and video to demonstrate the replication steps followed in our side and you can download it from following link:

Sample: TabControlExt_Memory_leak

Video: Memory_leak

Please update us the sample along with replications steps for reproducing the issue so that we can proceed further.

Regards,
Jessie

RG Rajesh Gunnam January 29, 2016 11:44 AM UTC

when i do close tab, it is not removing tab item view objects from memory.

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team February 1, 2016 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

After closing the TabItemExt, TabItemAutomationPeer will hold the instance of TabItemExt and it should be forced to release the memory using FakeWindowAutomationPeer. We have modified the sample for the same and you can download it from the following link:

Sample: Memory_leak_AutomationPeer

Knowledge base article: https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/2735/how-to-release-memory-in-dockingmanager-after-closing-the-tab

Regards,
Jessie

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon