We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Defect in Chart when using derived classes and complex binding

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

120097 Aug 29,2015 04:20 PM Sep 2,2015 07:53 AM WinRT 5
Tags: Chart
Jeff Dalby
Asked On August 29, 2015 04:20 PM

When you set one BindingPath to a property located in the base class. and the other BindingPath to a complex path for an object located in the derived class the binding will fail. Binding to property works. Attached is a text file which contains the LineChartDemo code from the sample browser modified to show the situation since when I past the code into this window it fails to post the thread.

Jeff Dalby
Replied On August 29, 2015 04:21 PM

Attachment

Attachment: defect_eca9a988.zip

Jeff Dalby
Replied On August 29, 2015 04:37 PM

Also as a work around you can override the property in the derived class with the new keyword, but that kinda defeats the whole purpose of inheritance.

Rachel A [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 31, 2015 05:04 AM

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have fixed the reported issue in our latest version. So, please upgrade to the latest version (13.2.0.34).

Regards,

Rachel. A

Jeff Dalby
Replied On September 1, 2015 06:43 PM

I knew there was a piece of data I missed when I reported this.  I am using 13.2.034, however I'm using the Universal Xaml version, and it's when running on the phone, I've not tested it on a tablet.

Rachel A [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 2, 2015 07:53 AM

Hi Jeff,

We are unable to reproduce the problem. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents
Regards,

Rachel

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;