We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Defect in Chart when using derived classes and complex binding

When you set one BindingPath to a property located in the base class. and the other BindingPath to a complex path for an object located in the derived class the binding will fail. Binding to property works. Attached is a text file which contains the LineChartDemo code from the sample browser modified to show the situation since when I past the code into this window it fails to post the thread.

5 Replies

JD Jeff Dalby August 29, 2015 08:21 PM UTC

Attachment

Attachment: defect_eca9a988.zip

JD Jeff Dalby August 29, 2015 08:37 PM UTC

Also as a work around you can override the property in the derived class with the new keyword, but that kinda defeats the whole purpose of inheritance.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team August 31, 2015 09:04 AM UTC

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have fixed the reported issue in our latest version. So, please upgrade to the latest version (13.2.0.34).

Regards,

Rachel. A

JD Jeff Dalby September 1, 2015 10:43 PM UTC

I knew there was a piece of data I missed when I reported this.  I am using 13.2.034, however I'm using the Universal Xaml version, and it's when running on the phone, I've not tested it on a tablet.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team September 2, 2015 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Jeff,

We are unable to reproduce the problem. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents
Regards,

Rachel

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon