We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Null reference exception after editing complete

Hello,
After updating cell value in child table,when I leave the cell using mouse click,I got object reference error.
By tabbing or using keys,there is not any problem.
Please suggest me any solution

Thank you and regards,
Rasika

5 Replies

AK Adhikesevan Kothandaraman Syncfusion Team August 25, 2015 12:10 PM UTC

Hi Rasika,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are trying to reproduce your reported scenario “While clicking outside the current cell to navigate, object reference error is thrown”, but we are unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end.

Please provide the complete StackTrace of the exception or Kindly reproduce the issue in a minimal sample/modify the attached sample, it will more helpful for us to provide the prompt solution.

Sample:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120018/ze/NestedTable-CS1931345252

Suggestion:
Please make use of the ForceImmediateSaveValue property. It may help you to update the values of the columns while leave the current cell.

Code Snippet:

//Used to update the cell value immediately upon changing the value.
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Fields["ColumnName"].ForceImmediateSaveValue = true;
this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor("ChildTable").Fields["ColumnName"].ForceImmediateSaveValue = true;

Please let us know if you have any other concern.

Regards,
Adhi.

RA Rasika August 26, 2015 01:03 PM UTC

Hello,
Thank you for reply but the problem is still there.
As user changes the cell value in child table,I convert the data source of GGC to a data table and do some calculations on it.
And after that I again set that data table as data source to GGC.
The event successfully completed and then it throws Null reference exception.
By mouse clicking to other cell this exception occurs.
Please provide any other solution.

Thank you and regards,
Rasika

AK Adhikesevan Kothandaraman Syncfusion Team August 27, 2015 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Rasika,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We regret to let you know that we have tried all the possible way to reproduce your reported scenario. But it is difficult to find the root cause without seeing the sample or code snippet that you are customizing for GGC. So that please provide us the minimal code snippet for customization where you are converting the datasource operations. It would more helpful for us to provide solution as early as possible.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Adhi.

RA Rasika August 28, 2015 11:07 AM UTC

Hello,
I am attaching the sample code.Please find the attachment.

Thank you and regards,
Rasika.

Attachment: Attachment_4f0ba5ad.rar

AK Adhikesevan Kothandaraman Syncfusion Team September 1, 2015 04:01 AM UTC

Hi Rasica,

Thank you for your update.

We have analyzed your reported scenario at our end. We could able to reproduce the issue “After editing the values in the child table throws null exception”. It would be better if you create an incident for this, so that we will assist you with better follow up.

You can create the DT incident from the following link.
http://www.syncfusion.com/account/dashboard

Regards,
Adhi.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon