We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Webservices Succinctly

First of all I'd like to say how such an awesome resource the free Succinctly e-books are! I've learned a lot from them!

However, I was a little disappointed with the latest book regarding writing windows services. I know what a lot might be thinking "How can you complain about something that's free!" Well this isn't a complaint, and if I don't post my thoughts then zero feedback means zero improvement!

I've only written a couple of windows services in the past and they where simply converting existing Console apps to be services which in the grand scheme of things isn't all that complexed as all the logic is already tried and tested. What I was hoping the book would have touched on was debugging a service you're writing as I think most would agree is where the "fun" of writing a service over writing traditional application come from. I know there are articles out there on the web that talk about solutions running like console apps in debug and service in production but I would have like to have seen this covered.

Anyway, keep up the good work guys!

Mark

1 Reply

DW Darren West Syncfusion Team August 27, 2015 01:58 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your feedback, and we're thrilled that you've enjoyed the Succinctly series so far! Developing Windows Services Succinctly is intended first and foremost for .NET developers who are just beginning to explore the possibilities of Windows Services. The author decided to limit the scope of the text to keep it concise and understandable for this audience. We will consider more advanced elements of Windows Services as a topic for future entries in the Succinctly series.

Thank you,

Darren West
Syncfusion Content Producer

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon