We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Where is ActivePivot for WPF

Hi, people.

I need build dashboards, but I have two sources of data: MySQL and csv flat files.

I had no problems to read all data I need and put them in a typical System.Data.DataSource, using 17 typical System.Data.DataTables...

Now I want ActivePivot to hold all data, and then use the OLAP Grid, OLAP Gauge, OLAP Chat, etc. to exposes results on the dashboards.

I hope the filters, relations and calculate fields of ActivePivot become the base of those components.

I read Syncfusion's newspapers about ActivePivot, but I never saw this component in my tool-box (Essential Studio 2013, because I have no time to migrate to 2015 in this moment).

Then:

1. Is it possible read data from my datatables and send it to ActivePivot? How?

2. Where is the lib of ActivePivot? I can't find it in my installation...

Thanks.

Ricardo Ildefonso.

3 Replies

VE VinothKumar E Syncfusion Team August 17, 2015 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Syncfusion controls are mandated for query passing, data retrieval and visualization of retrieved data from ActivePivot Server (which is also an external Server like SSAS) into Grid/Chart, if and only if we have a multidimensional cube is configured in ActivePivot Server.

Queries

Response

Is it possible read data from my datatables and send it to ActivePivot? How?

Syncfusion OLAP controls are just a visualization tool – controls that simply pass query to ActivePivot Server and displays back the information retrieved.

Reading you database information and passing to ActivePivot Server needs to done at you application level and it’s not within the scope of our OLAP controls.  

Where is the lib of ActivePivot? I can't find it in my installation...

Syncfusion controls just connect with ActivePivot Server using standard XML/A (XML for Analysis Services) – a simple connection string would establish an bridge to ActivePivot Server or any other Server.

Hence we do not ship any libraries related to any specific data provider in our suite.

NOTE:

1.       ActivePivot is a third party server provided by Quartet FS. It needs to separated configured at your end based on your convenience but in multi-dimensional mode.

2.       Once its configured in multi-dimensional mode, you can connect Syncfusion controls via connection string by simply adding the Syncfusion controls in your WPF application.

Both Syncfusion controls and ActivePivot are two different entities.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Vinoth Kumar E

RI Ricardo Ildefonso August 19, 2015 01:09 PM UTC

Thanks a lot.
Ricardo Ildefonso

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team August 20, 2015 06:11 AM UTC

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon