We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

dynamic group grid binding with a chart

Hi,

I'm testing your controls, they are very powerful but I have a problem with chart controls.

I want bind a grid with a column chart. For example, in the image's grid, the X-axis are formed "Tipo", "Centro" and "Contrata", and Y-axis "promedio dias" value.

But when a user group by, for example, "Contrata", the chart X-axis must by grouped also, and Y-Values must be the summatory:

How can I do it?

Thank you very much

5 Replies

SK Sanjith Kesavan Syncfusion Team August 11, 2015 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Manolo,
Thanks for using Syncfusion product.
We can’t able to understand your queries clearly.
In your first query you have mentioned “Tipo”, “Centro” ,“Contrata” are in the X-axis and “promedio dias” in the Y-axis. But in “Tipo” all the values are same. In “Centro’ and “Contrata” some of the values are repeating. So we have to create multiple X-axis for the same values.
In your second query after grouping also all the values are remains as same in “Contrata”.
Can you please provide a pictorial representation what kind of the chart you need. This will be useful for us to help you.

Regards,

Sanjith K.​

MA Manolo August 12, 2015 06:46 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for my English _:)

I'm testing the chart control associated with a grid, and I like know, when the user does grouping, the grid CompleteAction event is fired.

When I handle this event, How can I know that the action is grouping? And What columns are grouped?

Thanks

IR Isuriya Rajan Syncfusion Team August 13, 2015 07:16 AM UTC

Hi Manolo,

Thanks for the details.

Grid CompleteAction event will be triggered when the Grid action is completed. We can know the current Grid action by using args.requestType, which represent the current Grid’s actions. By using the args.columnName you can find the column to be grouped.

<script>

function CompleteAction(args) {

if (args.requestType == "grouping") //args.requestType will represents the current grid action

alert(args.columnName) //args.columnName will represents the grid column

}

</script>

We have created a sample and the same can be downloaded from the following location:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/119881/Grid2-571397217.zip

Please refer the below documentation to know how we can use CompleteAction event for Grid columns.

http://helpjs.syncfusion.com/js/api/ejgrid#events:actioncomplete

Please try the above sample and let us know if it helps. If we misunderstood your query, please provide us clear information regarding your requirements. It will help us to provide the prompt solution.

Regards,

Isuriya R

MA Manolo August 13, 2015 08:13 AM UTC

Thank you very much!

IR Isuriya Rajan Syncfusion Team August 14, 2015 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Manolo,

Thanks for the update,

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.
Regards,
Isuriya R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon